Discussion topic: Problems with using Sky Go on Chromebooks

This message was authored by Smarts25 This message was authored by: Smarts25

Re: Sky go app keeps closing and crashing on chromebook chrome OS issue or sky go app issue?

@Caniblett 

Thanks for the update, fingers 

This message was authored by tartanjle This message was authored by: tartanjle

Re: Sky go app keeps closing and crashing on chromebook chrome OS issue or sky go app issue?

Let's hope that sky are able to fix the issue with Chromebook not being able to playback. Moving forward sky need to try and keep upto date with Chromebook updates.

This message was authored by George+1979 This message was authored by: George+1979

@Caniblett am I the only one that is sceptical about this? If sky was really working on a fix they would have surely announced it publicly but they haven't! I get the feeling that whoever told you this was merely a call service operative trying to appease you and get you off the phone. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think sky are doing anything regarding this issue. It's been weeks and weeks now. If sky was working on a fix this would have been done by their technical team in no time at all. Come on sky sort this out and have better communication with your customers. Terrible service. 

This message was authored by Jinsta This message was authored by: Jinsta

That's my experience, I made an official complaint and was told they had decided on not supporting Chromebooks going forward  and I'd just have to live with it!

Sky are just buying time and hoping we'll all  just stop complaining soon!!

This message was authored by rscott This message was authored by: rscott

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jinsta wrote:

That's my experience, I made an official complaint and was told they had decided on not supporting Chromebooks going forward  and I'd just have to live with it!

Sky are just buying time and hoping we'll all  just stop complaining soon!!

Chromebooks were never an officially supported device. The app is created for Android and just happens to work on them because Google added limited support for Android Apps to ChromeOS

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks all for your examples, I've passed these on and our support teams are looking into it🙂

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

@Chloe-W22 

Hi Chloe

Do you know if there is any substance to the rumour that SKY are no longer going to support Chromebook.

This message was authored by Matts3rdchoice This message was authored by: Matts3rdchoice

If sky aren't supporting chrome going forward can I ask what they will be supporting- not being funny but I would have thought sky go was made with chrome books / laptops and tablets in mind ( then Xbox/ ps) 

This message was authored by smeellyy This message was authored by: smeellyy

I dont think Sky care about or even read this forum so doubt they will be forthcoming with anything useful like that!

This message was authored by jomic This message was authored by: jomic

Very Dissapointed I asked when buy this if I could watch Sky Go on my Chrome book and was told by Sky "Yes it supports it" only for them to not update website to say other wise. Poor customer service when not keeping  customers informed regards their APP changes.

This message was authored by Donnie+bernard This message was authored by: Donnie+bernard

Sky go

Please tell me this is a joke bought a chromebook to watch sky go everything working fine now to read it's not supported?sky sort this asap 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky go

@Donnie+bernard 

Go has never officially been offered by Sky for ChromeOS. Whether they choose to do so in the future is up to them: it's an operating system with a very small market share (under 2.5% in the UK)

https://gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share/all/united-kingdom  

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Donnie+bernard 

I have moved your post to here so you can see this post from Sky who are investigating this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

@Donnie+bernard 

Hi Guys 

If your app is working OK now it may go off when your Chromebook next updates 

This message was authored by neilmk This message was authored by: neilmk

The annoying thing is Sky have been offering Chromebooks free with Mobile phone deals then we can't use them to watch Sky TV? Doesn't make sense.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion