Discussion topic: Problems with using Sky Go on Chromebooks

This message was authored by Smarts25 This message was authored by: Smarts25

Re: Sky go app keeps closing and crashing on chromebook chrome OS issue or sky go app issue?

You would think that they both need to work together to resolve 

This message was authored by neilmk This message was authored by: neilmk

Re: Sky go app keeps closing and crashing on chromebook chrome OS issue or sky go app issue?

I have just received a new Chromebook from SKY Mobile and now discovering they don't support SKYGO on Chromebook. That makes no sense and as a SKY customer of over 20 years makes me very  unhappy.

@skytv you are letting lots of customers down.

Surely this needs to be fixed asap!

This message was authored by Slokey This message was authored by: Slokey

So Sky Go keeps crashing on my Chrome book. Sky have confirmed that " Sky do not support Chrome book" How bad is this.

My solution... Cancel Sky

This message was authored by Sky+w This message was authored by: Sky+w

SaRe: Sky go app keeps closing and crashing on chromebook chrome OS issue or sky go app issue?

Same has happened to me done all the checks uninstalled then installed just happened overnight tbh really disappointed with it .Won't work now on Chrome Book and have been with sky absolutely ages and paying a fortune for the service 

This message was authored by Najdonn1 This message was authored by: Najdonn1

sky issuing chromebooks fo get you on mobile deals then they stop supporting rhe sky go app sort it out sky or your customers will srop supporting you 

regards angry customer 

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Hey all,

Sorry to hear some of you are experiencing issues watching Sky Go on your Chromebook. For Sky to look into it further could you please reply below with your Chromebook Model number and your Android Version number?

Thanks,

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by Dmgdriving This message was authored by: Dmgdriving

Hi @Chloe-W22 

I have an Acer Chromebook 314

Android Version 9.

Sky Go was working fine on it until the latest Chrome OS update

This message was authored by Jinsta This message was authored by: Jinsta

Asus Chromebook Model -  Realtek RTL8822CE

Android version - 98.0.4758.91

This message was authored by Spanishreed This message was authored by: Spanishreed

An Acer CB715-1W Model N18Q11

Android version is 9

This message was authored by Rich59 This message was authored by: Rich59

This is so poor from sky and they have zero interest in their customers 

This message was authored by George+1979 This message was authored by: George+1979

Asus C433T

Google Chrome Version 98.0.4758.91 (64bit)

Working fine now keeps crashing 

This message was authored by smeellyy This message was authored by: smeellyy

asus chromebook c423n

This message was authored by roberthphal This message was authored by: roberthphal

Asus M4NXCV

Chrome OS Versi

This message was authored by roberthphal This message was authored by: roberthphal

Chrome version 98.4758.91

This message was authored by efcjr This message was authored by: efcjr

acer spin 513

Version 98.0.4758.107 (Official Build) (32-bit)

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion