Discussion topic: Is SkyGo Included With Sky Q Standard package

This message was authored by Matto+E This message was authored by: Matto+E

Is SkyGo Included With Sky Q Standard package

ive just taken out Q renewed my contract is sky go included with the base package, i dont mean sky go extra. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

Re: Is SkyGo Included With Sky Q Standard package

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

hi @Matto+E 

Yes Standard SKy Go is available - just not the extra features such as accessing & downloading recordings 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

hi @Matto+E 

Yes Standard SKy Go is available - just not the extra features such as accessing & downloading recordings 

Matto+E
Topic Author

@nigea99 

Can you watch a program on Q say "bt sport 1" and then a seperate program on sky go say "bt sport 2" at the same time? 

matto

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Matto+E wrote:

@nigea99 

Can you watch a program on Q say "bt sport 1" and then a seperate program on sky go say "bt sport 2" at the same time? 

matto

You can watch separate channels on SKY go via a device to what you are watching on the SKY Q box, howver this is for the SKY Subscription channels not 3rd party channels such as BT

I think for BT channels you need a separate BT app & I am not sure on what subs are needed for that (but I am not an expert on these)

Matto+E
Topic Author

@nigea99 

ok cheers 

matto

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@Matto+E wrote:

@nigea99 

matto

Yes. Sky Go is just a streaming software client - it streams everything from Sky's servers. Everything on Sky Q comes via satellite, apart from third party app content (Netflix/Prime/AppleTV+/Disney+ etc) so they are totally separate. 

Matto+E
Topic Author

@SlenderRobert 

okay cheers for tht! least i know now. i thought u had to have multiscreen to get sky go in general didnt know it was included standard version

matto

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@Matto+E wrote:

@SlenderRobert 

okay cheers for tht! least i know now. i thought u had to have multiscreen to get sky go in general didnt know it was included standard version

matto

No multiscreen needed. I've had Q and Stream, never had multiscreen or whole home sub but have always  been able to stream content directly on the Sky Go app. You just can't access recordings on a Sky Q box if you don't have multiscreen. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

As stated above you only need multiscreen if you want to watch your recording back via the Sky Go app or you want to view channels like those from the BBC in the same way otherwise you can use Sky Go to watch BT Sport channels but only if you pay Sky for the BT Sports package and not BT themselves.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion