Discussion topic: Can't uninstall Sky Go on Mac

This message was authored by Hammer20231 This message was authored by: Hammer20231

Can't uninstall Sky Go on Mac

I've not been able to get Sky  Go to work on my Mac Mini (M1, Sonomo 14.1.2) getting a network error every time I try to launch it.

I want to delete the app, but it does not appear in my applications folder. The only visible trace I can find is the icon on the Launchpad window. Where is this app installed? The app runs when I click on the icon in Launchpad, so it's definitely on my system somewhere.

I've tried dragging the Luanchpad window icon to trash, but that doesn't seem to work, and I've already deleted the installer, and gone through the Library folder to delete every sky go file and folder in there.

Thanks!

Best Answers
This message was authored by LuigiAversa This message was authored by: LuigiAversa Answer

Re: Can't uninstall Sky Go on Mac

@Hammer20231  right click on Sky Go -> Show in Finder, you will see that the app is installed in a different Applications folder, that's why you can't see it. Wrong folder? Yes! The folder name is "Applications", but it is located in a different path, different from the classic Mac Applications folder where all the other apps are installed.. Tricky at Sky...

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Does this help:

Launch the Finder, go to the Downloads folder and delete ‘SkyGoInstaller.’ 

In Finder, go to the Applications folder and delete Sky Go app 

Remove Sky Go files 

In the Finder select Go to folder ... from the Go menu (or press c). 

A dialog box should appear. Now copy and paste the following text into the box and press the return key: ~/Library/Application Support/ 

Select the Sky Go folder and delete it 

Empty Recycling Bin 

Reboot the Mac

Download and reinstall Sky Go

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Hammer20231
Topic Author
This message was authored by Hammer20231 This message was authored by: Hammer20231

Hey,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've followed all steps in your post, with the exception of removing the Sky Go app from my applications folder, as it doesn't appear to be in there. Is there another folder it might have been installed in?

Thanks!

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Hammer20231 wrote:

Is there another folder it might have been installed in?

I have no idea I'm afraid, sorry !

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by LuigiAversa This message was authored by: LuigiAversa Answer

@Hammer20231  right click on Sky Go -> Show in Finder, you will see that the app is installed in a different Applications folder, that's why you can't see it. Wrong folder? Yes! The folder name is "Applications", but it is located in a different path, different from the classic Mac Applications folder where all the other apps are installed.. Tricky at Sky...

Hammer20231
Topic Author

@LuigiAversa Perfect, thanks! That worked. I've found it and been able to uninstall! I appreciate the help, many thanks!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion