Discussion topic: email client that will retrieve multiple sky email accounts....

This message was authored by TheAlmighty68 This message was authored by: TheAlmighty68

email client that will retrieve multiple sky email accounts....

am using windows 10 home and windows mail when first started using mail it bought all emails in but now doesnt bring in any email from multiple sky email accounts.....any help appreciated on new email client that will accept sky email accounts have tried most email clients but to no avail....

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: email client that will retrieve multiple sky email accounts....

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Have you tried Thunderbird as this can handle multiple accounts.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

Yes there's a major problem with Yahoo related accounts & the Mail app. 
Outlook works if you have Microsoft Office/365, if not then Thunderbird or any other third party email app. Even the old Windows Live Mail works well even though it is no longer supported.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.
This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Any email client will work with your Sky email accounts, but if it isn't OAuth compatible it will require the use of generated passwords. If you have multiple Sky email accounts the generated passwords are account specific, so they have to be generated for the correct account.

https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps

Problems accessing your Sky.com email from your email app | Sky Help | Sky.com

TheAlmighty68
Topic Author
This message was authored by TheAlmighty68 This message was authored by: TheAlmighty68

have tried all apps mentioned...have office installed but outlook still not sccessing accts.....where can i find the old windows live mail link...any help muchly appreciated....

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Outlook 2019 works fine for me, using a generated password for Sky Yahoo Mail, so I suspect somewhere along the line you're not setting things up correctly.

If you can tell us how what steps you're taking and what's going wrong or what error message you're getting we may be able to help.

Outlook will work fine, if you configure it correctly, I'm still using Outlook 2003.

Use the instructions in the link I posted earlier.

You really don't want to use Live Mail, @twilight+princess only mentioned it as a example that just about anything can be used.

In order to make it easy, you really need an app/client that is OAuth complaint, as then you wont need to use a generated password. The only free app I know that that will work with multiple addresses without purchasing is Thunderbird. See this post for help in getting it to use OAuth with Sky|Yahoo.

Answered: Re: cannot find the mail pass word without sky ID ... | Sky Community

eM Client is easy to setup, but will only work with 2 email accounts unless you purchace it.

eM Client | The Best Email Client for Windows and Mac

TheAlmighty68
Topic Author

can anyone give me email client that will accept 10 imap accts....got thunderbird going thx to @jayach ....but will only accept 5 imap acctsd so it keeps telling me........any help muchly appreciated....

I don't believe Thunderbird has a limit on number of accounts, I've just added a 6th IMAP account with no problems. 

TB accounts.jpg

On the Mozilla forum there are posts saying they have 11.

Take a look at this list of alternatives, but take it with a pinch of salt, as needless to say, they put their one top.

The Best Thunderbird Alternatives for Windows in 2022 - Mailbird (getmailbird.com)

Edit: I've just noticed you say you have Outlook, that is what I use personally. There should be no problems using that, but it isn't OAuth compatible with Yahoo, so Sky|Yahoo accounts will require a generated password, In Outlook I have 9 accounts (3 of them are Sky), but I use POP with that, as it's the only way to get a unified inbox.

TheAlmighty68
Topic Author

d addin extra acct  to thunderbird and it says only 5 imap accts allowed....so dont know what difference is........

@TheAlmighty68 wrote:

d addin extra acct  to thunderbird and it says only 5 imap accts allowed....so dont know what difference is........

Could you post a image of the error (obscuring any personal details) as that certainly doesn't happen to me.

Why not try using Outlook again? There should be no problems with that. but it will require a generated passwords for the Sky accounts.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion