Discussion topic: Yahoo Email Hacked and Locked out of Account

This message was authored by LouiseSummers This message was authored by: LouiseSummers

Yahoo Email Hacked and Locked out of Account

My Mother has been locked out of her Yahoo! email account; it appears that her password and also her security questions have been changed making it impossible to get access again.  Who do we contact to retrieve her account?  Where is the best place to start?

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Yahoo Email Hacked and Locked out of Account

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Can she login in here:

https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

What exactly is the error message when your mother tries to log in?

LouiseSummers
Topic Author
This message was authored by LouiseSummers This message was authored by: LouiseSummers

There isn't an error message, it says incorrect username or password, so when we go to reset the password it asks for her last name and answer to the security question, only for it not to recognise her surname and asks for a question that she hasn't been asked before (and also not provided). We wonder if someone has got in and changes her password plus added this security question, could this be possible?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Can she login in here:

https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
LouiseSummers
Topic Author

Thank you, this worked!! It came up with a new question. I appreciate your help!!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion