Discussion topic: Phishing email

This message was authored by Lorne+Malvo This message was authored by: Lorne+Malvo

Phishing email

I received the email below  from "Sky <??? cant post this bit ???>". Thankfully I'm not daft enough to click the link. I did enter it into a url checker and it's a fake login page for sky email. I don't know how to report it to sky. The link is:

WARNING DO NOT FOLLOW THIS LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(removed)

Dear User,

We wrote to you earlier in the year as we noticed that you may be accessing your Sky.com email on your mobile, tablet or other device using an out-of-date version of an email application such as Apple Mail, Outlook or Windows Live Mail.

Out-of-date versions of these email applications will soon no longer be supported by Sky.com. This is to make sure you have a better and more consistent experience with your Sky.com emails.

You will need to make some quick updates so you can continue to access your mailbox.

If you do nothing, you may no longer be able to access your Sky.com email via your preferred email application.

To verify this email and find instructions on how to update your mailbox, please (removed) and follow the link to 'Update your email'. We are still prioritising calls from our vulnerable customers so please use our online help pages to guide you through making these updates.

Kind regards,

Thank you for choosing Sky. We'll be in touch again soon.

The Sky Team

Moderator comments: removed URLs

All Replies

Lorne+Malvo
Topic Author
This message was authored by Lorne+Malvo This message was authored by: Lorne+Malvo

Re: Phishing email

9e8be23c-45cc-4536-8809-a6a513baa1de.png

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Phishing email

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

This scam email has been going around for years so mark it as spam and do the same should you be sent anymore. 

Any updates to the email platform will be done by Yahoo and/or Sky and not the user.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion