Discussion topic: When I compose an email, the words 'SKY.COM ALERT' appear in front of my email address??

This message was authored by Haggis007 This message was authored by: Haggis007

When I compose an email, the words 'SKY.COM ALERT' appear in front of my email address??

When I composse a yahoo email, the  system has recently started putting the words "SKY.COM ALERT" in fromt of my email address in the 'from' box.  this is quite recent and, understandably, many friends and businesses don't even bother to open the email thinking it is a scam.....this is really annoying, help please.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: When I compose an email, the words 'SKY.COM ALERT' appear in front of my email address??

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Go to Settings > More Settings > Mailboxes > Your email address > Reply-to address and delete it here if it shows up and also make sure your name is set to what you want.

Then go to Settings > More Settings > Writing Email and make sure your default sending email is correct.

If you have to change anything here then logout and change your password:

https://skyid.sky.com/resetpassword/

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Re: When I compose an email, the words 'SKY.COM ALERT' appear in front of my email address??

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It sounds like your account has been used by a scammer to send fake Sky emails.

Did you reply to an email asking you to verify/update/confirm your email?

Definitely change your password, and as well as checking the settings @caesarome suggested, check for any filters that may have been set up.

Haggis007
Topic Author
This message was authored by Haggis007 This message was authored by: Haggis007

Thank you both, all now sorted thanks to your help and clear guidance.  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion