Discussion topic: Unreadable emails in my Sky inbox

This message was authored by FrankC This message was authored by: FrankC

Unreadable emails in my Sky inbox

Hi,

I'm receiving emails into my Sky account inbox that are unreadable. They appear to be written in some sort of software code or script. Any suggestions how to resolve this issue? Thanks Frank

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Unreadable emails in my Sky inbox

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I'm guessing you're using Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail. There's a regularly reported problem with these apps following a Windows update of some sort. Until Microsoft get round to fixing it, try a different email app or client, such as Outlook or Thunderbird, or,you can an still access your email by logging in  via sky.com using your browser.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I'm guessing you're using Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail. There's a regularly reported problem with these apps following a Windows update of some sort. Until Microsoft get round to fixing it, try a different email app or client, such as Outlook or Thunderbird, or,you can an still access your email by logging in  via sky.com using your browser.

FrankC
Topic Author

I will give Outlook a go. Some unreadable emails actually right themselves when I select forward and then discard the forwarded email immediately. Thanks for your help. Cheers

FrankC
Topic Author

Thanks Mark39.  I changed from Windows Mail to Outlook and all is fine now. Cheers!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion