Discussion topic: Sky Yahoo Email Account Errors

This message was authored by tchmmdt89 This message was authored by: tchmmdt89

Sky Yahoo Email Account Errors

Hi,

I have a client that uses their Sky email account as their primary email address, they have it setup on their Mac/iPhone and iPad, this has been the case for many years. Early this week their Sky email account stopped working across their devices. I have tried re-setting up their sky account on all of their devices and when it chooses to work it does so for just over an hour, if it chooses to error it shows the attached screenshot a long with an unable to connect to server message within the Apple Mail app. This is the same message that occours even after the account has been working for a short period of time on the devices. The error is also presented in the Yahoo mail app from the app store. The email address and password is definitely correct. Webmail is unaffected and is working normally.

The error below is presented across deices/apps when you try to setup the sky email account from fresh. if you wait for the time period it suggests it then lets you setup the account across devices and it will work for a short period of time before it starts to fail to connect to server again.

Any advice would be very welcome. Thank you in advance.

afd629bb-7d53-488d-9e2f-da5dea8435de.jpg

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky Yahoo Email Account Errors

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I don't think at present there is a fix as you are not the first to report this Yahoo/Apple issue with their email accounts over the last few days. All you can do more now is to use webmail.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
tchmmdt89
Topic Author
This message was authored by tchmmdt89 This message was authored by: tchmmdt89

Thank you for confirming my suspision that it was a 'bigger' issue. Lets hope Sky and Yahoo can get it resolved very soon!

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@tchmmdt89 wrote:

Thank you for confirming my suspision that it was a 'bigger' issue. Lets hope Sky and Yahoo can get it resolved very soon!

.....or more likely Apple, since Sky Yahoo Mail is working fine elsewhere.

This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

Problem seems to be with the Apple mail app so using a diffferent email client until the problem is resolved is another solution.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.
This message was authored by Anniroc This message was authored by: Anniroc

This is definitely the same issue using Outlook 365 as well unfortunately.

@Anniroc wrote:

This is definitely the same issue using Outlook 365 as well unfortunately.

What makes you think it's the same issue? I haven't seen recent reports of a problem with Outlook 365. Are you using an app password? You should be.

Yes I am using an app password. My screen has the same message on my phone and I'm an Android user. I've changed email client on my phone and now have no issues at all.  Just saying, that it's not isolated to Apple.

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@Anniroc 

Yours is the first post saying they have the problem on anything other than Apple.

What app were you using on your phone previously and what are you now using instead.

@jayach 

Was using Outlook for about 11 months, it became unreliable and glitchy. So uninstalled and tried to reinstall yesterday. The password generator could almost not be found in yahoo. Took hours to find and when i did find it eventually and generate a password, it showed the same screen as OP and just wouldn't add my sky email, but happily added my gmail account. Reset Microsoft password with authenticator. Still the same issue. Checked playstore for another client to test it. Chose another better rated app, Email - Fast and Secure by Edison Software. Installed it and set it up with both my accounts using sky app password generator and its working perfectly. Easy to do and I prefer the look and feel anyway. 

I would hazard a guess that it's easier to just use another email client then scroll the net for possible answers amd solutions to this particular issue as I almost did but then thought it was better to add a comment here to share then ignore it.

Hope that makes a bit more sense. 

@Anniroc wrote:

The password generator could almost not be found in yahoo. Took hours to find and when i did find it eventually and generate a password, it showed the same screen as OP and just wouldn't add my sky email

Did you use the Sky Yahoo Mail password generator via the Sky website? It's that one you need, not the Yahoo generator.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

This is the one you need to use @Anniroc :

https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps?client=email

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@Anniroc 

Thanks for the update. In this thread the assumption was that, as the OP was using Apple their problem is same one reported elsewhere, which is definitely Apple related.

That problem is getting "server not found/available" messages.

It's possible the problem here is something other than the same one, and therefor would effect other clients/app.

Glad you have found a replacement app that works well for you.

This message was authored by Clare+Bates This message was authored by: Clare+Bates

So can I ask is anyone trying to fix the issues around server errors that are impacting the Apple email app? It's strange that it's just the sky yahoo accounts that are not working properly. 

@Clare+Bates posts elsewhere indicate that Apple are investigating. No other platforms or operating systems appear to be affected - just Apple.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion