Discussion topic: Sky (yahoo) email no longer working on outlook app (android).

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Re: Sky Yahoo mail on Outlook app on Android phone

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@GLongstaff 

I'm still using Outlook 2003. (on POP  as well)

I'm also using the Sky servers, and have had no problems .

This message was authored by Glenn+paul This message was authored by: Glenn+paul

Re: Sky (yahoo) email no longer working on outlook app (android).

When trying to purchase, etc on various sites, the email address  ending in Sky.com, which I have had for many years .  Comes up with the message" please enter a valid email address "

Help.

I am an old man , so any responses in English,  not geek

This message was authored by Glenn+paul This message was authored by: Glenn+paul

All of the responses on here are way above me.  This problem has been getting  worse for years, so is obviously known about.  But as usual, Sky customer service refuse to sort it in away, old non computer geeks can understand.

I have now given up, and when my mood allows, will move elsewhere.   Even if I will have to spend hours doing it

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

The about responses are about a different issue that do not apply to you.

Can you access your email account here:

https://skyid.sky.com/signin/email/

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

@Glenn+paul 

Odd, you ask for advice, and 10 minutes later you say "All of the responses on here are way above me", (even though no one has replied) and say you are giving up.

Oh well. 😕

This message was authored by Jonnieboyrevel This message was authored by: Jonnieboyrevel

Just thought I'd post this in case it helps someone else.

I had the same problem, I was forced to factory reset and afterwards couldn't get my Sky e-mail added to Outlook.

The problem was the lack of 'port' setting under the IMAP settings.

I downloaded a slightly older version of Outlook from APKmirror, I went for 4.2312.2. You have to make sure you ge the right one for your phone (arm or arm64) but you'd have to check that yourself.

I installed the older version, did the 'Not Yahoo' thing to get the option to add an IMAP account. With this version it gave me the direct IMAP option, when I selected this I got the option to add all the details including the ports. 

Once I'd got my accounts added, I updated the app via the Play Store. The accounts are still active and useable in the updated app.

A bit of a faff if you're not comfortable with sideloading an APK but for anyone who is this will get you back up and running with Outlook on Android.

Jonathan
This message was authored by mcchar This message was authored by: mcchar

@Jonnieboyrevel - Microsoft has now solved this issue and you can now provision your sky email account on Outlook on Android (I am using Android 13) however, you have to download the latest version of Outlook which was updated few days ago - version 4.2318.

Follow these steps to configure your Sky email on Outlook:

Add Account --> <input email address> --> <takes you to yahoo sign in - which does not work and fails with authentication error, so I selected "Not Yahoo" from the top> --> <gives you an option to change account provider> --> <gives various provider options, so I selected IMAP> --> This option now presents the right page to enter all the Sky IMAP settings including the ports. 

Please use the IMAP details already provided earlier by Sky on this thread and also you must use the link (provided by Sky earlier) to generate a temporary password as your normal password will not work.

This process now works for me - so I hope it helps someone else. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Nobody from Sky has posted in this thread so I presume these settings that I posted earlier was what worked for you:

Select either "Other" or "Not Yahoo" then use these settings:

Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server

Server - imap.tools.sky.com
Port - 993
Requires SSL - Yes

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server

Server - smtp.tools.sky.com
Port - 465
Requires SSL - Yes
Requires authentication - Yes

You will then need to generate a 16 digit password and use that instead of your usual one, you can do that here:
https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps?client=email

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

@mcchar wrote:

@Jonnieboyrevel - Microsoft has now solved this issue and you can now provision your sky email account on Outlook on Android (I am using Android 13) however, you have to download the latest version of Outlook which was updated few days ago - version 4.2318.

Follow these steps to configure your Sky email on Outlook:

Add Account --> <input email address> --> <takes you to yahoo sign in - which does not work and fails with authentication error, so I selected "Not Yahoo" from the top> --> <gives you an option to change account provider> --> <gives various provider options, so I selected IMAP> --> This option now presents the right page to enter all the Sky IMAP settings including the ports. 

Please use the IMAP details already provided earlier by Sky on this thread and also you must use the link (provided by Sky earlier) to generate a temporary password as your normal password will not work.

This process now works for me - so I hope it helps someone else. 

Thanks for posting this, I was wondering why Outlook wasn't behaving properly when I tried to add accounts, I suspected it may have been a bug in Outlook, but dismissed it as being too unlikely.

This message was authored by Mariner2 This message was authored by: Mariner2

Thank you , it now works fine on my Android 13 phone.

This message was authored by BJB53 This message was authored by: BJB53

@Mariner2 I have spent several hours on the help line to Microsoft, who can't get my Samsung S8+ tablet running the latest version of Outlook & Android to add in my 2 Sky email addresses.  I've spent even more time myself trying, then found this thread, having followed the instructions numerous times I still get error mesages.  Any additional help would be VERY MUCH APPREICATED.

@BJB53 

Outlook should be easy to get running, If setting it up as a Yahoo account doesn't work then choose "NOT YAHOO" as described earlier in the thread and use manual set up with a generated password.

Make sure the Outlook app on your phone is the latest version.

If you are still getting error messages, it would be helpful if you could say what they are.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion