Discussion topic: Sky (yahoo) email no longer working on outlook app (android).

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky (yahoo) email no longer working on outlook app (android).

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Can yiuy not put your email address in it, or at least the part before the @sky.com part ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@mcchar wrote:

From Outlook:

Add Account --> <input email address> --> <takes you to yahoo sign in - which does not work and fails with authentication error, so I selected "Not Yahoo" from  the top> --> <gives you an option to change account provider> --> <gives various provider options, so I selected IMAP> -->

It is the same for me to this point, but I am given two choices. IMAP Direct or IMAP CloudCache.

As I have no idea what IMAP CloudCache is I choose IMAP direct. The details I am requested are:

Display Name

Description

IMAP Host Name Port

Security

IMAP Username

SMTP Host Name Port

SMTP Username

SMTP Password

No mention of a Domain at all.

What version of Outlook do you have, mine is 4.2312.11 

This message was authored by Jimbobule This message was authored by: Jimbobule

Re: Sky Yahoo mail on Outlook app on Android phone

I have exactly the same issue with Android Outlook but worse.

- I get authentication failed when adding a yahoo account

- After clicking 'not yahoo' when I click IMAP option, the workflow crashes and returns me to all my accounts

Have flagged with Microsoft engineers v+ provided logs via support / they say this issue is well known.

DO WE KNOW IF ANYONE AT SKY EMAIL IS WORKING ON THIS TOO?  

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Jimbobule wrote:

I doubt it. Given that it's fine with other apps it points to an issue with the Outlook app.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@DMacl 

Just login here to access your emails if Outlook isn't working:

https://skyid.sky.com/signin/email/

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by chris.11 This message was authored by: chris.11

Cant log in using gmail app either, given up with sky mail have ditched it for a new account with gmail.

The last time I had sky broadband it took Sky 3 weeks to fix it when it went down.

Did consider the new sky glass but sky is obviously not reliable so will stick with Netflix for TV and BT for broadband.

@Jimbobule wrote:

I have exactly the same issue with Android Outlook but worse.

- I get authentication failed when adding a yahoo account

- After clicking 'not yahoo' when I click IMAP option, the workflow crashes and returns me to all my accounts

Have flagged with Microsoft engineers v+ provided logs via support / they say this issue is well known.

Why would Sky work on it, Outlook is a Microsoft product?

Have you tried deleting the Outlook app and reinstalling it?

See above, gmail works ok on outlook and can be set up in seconds, why would I bother to spend hours trying to set up sky easier to dump sky and go to gmail.

Once I have established that sky are not bothering helping customers why would I buy sky glass when it goes wrong will I get the same silence from sky.

I used to have sky everything until a couple of years ago when my broadband went down and I was without service for three weeks, had I had sky glass at the time it would have been no TV for three weeks, no thanks.

According to sky customer service the problem was at the exchange and sky has to book a time to access the equipment at the exchange, that's why I chose BT, they have access straight away to the exchange.

@chris.11 wrote:

...that's why I chose BT, they have access straight away to the exchange.

Nope. BT aren't allowed to have greater priority within the exchange than any other provider. Broadband/telephone issues are managed by Openreach whose independence is regulated. 

If that's true then sky customer service deliberately lied as to why it took them 3 weeks to repair the outage, in my opinion that is even worse, either way they cant be trusted or relied on.

EIther way, Openreach timescales aren't within Sky's (or any other providers') control, so whatever the reason they gave you makes no practical difference.

'Deliberately lied,? I wouldn't know. Perhaps just ignorance.

This message was authored by Honda+Fan This message was authored by: Honda+Fan

I resorted to using the Mail app to access my Sky emails & set it up under Microsoft Apps on my Android phone.

Set up an imap account as described in earlier posts. Obtained 16 digit password security code again using link in earlier posts on my iPad then typed this in when setting up imap access on phone.  When first asked for the password remember to copy it as it has to be entered again so can be pasted.

Now no problem using my Sky emails on Android phone but just not via Outlook app.

This message was authored by GLongstaff This message was authored by: GLongstaff

Okay using an older version of Outlook (no not going to update it!) but as of late yesterday (12/05/2023) being prompted that the certificate has expired when opening up Outlook... Yes the item was setup as per instructions with an account password etc...Click on yes to use the old certificate and still receives mail.....click on No and of course error because the mail isnt validated....After looking at the mail settings you will find the old Incoming mail server was pointing to pop.tools.sky.com as per Sky instructions...

Well the new issuer is actually below taken from the certificate, so made the changes, tested email and the certificate message has disappeared when opening up outlook and still receiving the mail

GLongstaff_0-1683970545032.png

@GLongstaff 

Are you referring to Outlook on desktop or mobile? (the thread is for mobile)

As you still have the smtp server set to Sky, are you able to send O.K.?

This message was authored by GLongstaff This message was authored by: GLongstaff

Sorry yes, Outlook 2007 DesktopThe only setting I have changed is the POP [Post Office Protocol] Server

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion