Discussion topic: How do I amend the name displayed on my sent emails?

This message was authored by Carol18 This message was authored by: Carol18

How do I amend the name displayed on my sent emails?

I've recently got married and have successfully amended my name on my sky account however I have been told by a sky advisor that I cannot amend the name displayed when I send an email, which is causing confusion. He said that I'll just need to set up a new email address, which seems ridiculous not to mention extremely inconvenient as I've had it for years. Please can somebody help? Thank you Carol

Best Answers
Carol18
Topic Author
This message was authored by Carol18 This message was authored by: Carol18 Answer

Re: How do I amend the name displayed on my sent emails?

Thank you @jayach.I must mention that I had to do this on my husbands Mac Book Pro and NOT on iPhone or iPad ( this wasn't made  obvious to me) as the options needed are not displayed. Then I had to delete and reinstall my sky email address on "settings - mail"  on each device  under "other" not yahoo so that it showed correctly on my mail app. I had to generate the passwords using a link - https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps that  you posted on 08.06.2022 as mine were not recognised. This has taken 3 hours of trial and error and I'm disappointed that my sky advisor told me it wasn't possible and that I'd need a new email. Maybe you would be able to rewrite all the above in a more user friendly format especially the bit about the mail app separately on each devices are  as I think this gets overlooked and I nearly lost the will to live. Anyway once again thank you for all your help - I'm off for a lie down in a dark room!

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You can change the name people see when you email them, but you can't change the email address.

Go to Settings - More settings - Mailboxes and select your Sky mailbox.

There you can change your name.

Carol18
Topic Author
This message was authored by Carol18 This message was authored by: Carol18 Answer

Thank you @jayach.I must mention that I had to do this on my husbands Mac Book Pro and NOT on iPhone or iPad ( this wasn't made  obvious to me) as the options needed are not displayed. Then I had to delete and reinstall my sky email address on "settings - mail"  on each device  under "other" not yahoo so that it showed correctly on my mail app. I had to generate the passwords using a link - https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps that  you posted on 08.06.2022 as mine were not recognised. This has taken 3 hours of trial and error and I'm disappointed that my sky advisor told me it wasn't possible and that I'd need a new email. Maybe you would be able to rewrite all the above in a more user friendly format especially the bit about the mail app separately on each devices are  as I think this gets overlooked and I nearly lost the will to live. Anyway once again thank you for all your help - I'm off for a lie down in a dark room!

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Glad you got it changed @Carol18.

I tend to forget so many people use mobiles and tablets nowadays. 

I'm surprised it needed any more than just changing it in the Sky|Yahoo settings, but well done for working out.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion