Discussion topic: E-mail verification

This message was authored by tiredoutwiththis This message was authored by: tiredoutwiththis

E-mail verification

I have received an e-mail telling me to verify my e-mail or Sky will stop processing my incoming e-mails - I believe it may be a scam - Can anyone advise if I should respond to this e-mail?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: E-mail verification

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It will be an attempt to scam you. I expect there will be a link which takes you to a fake log in page for the scammer to capture your username and password. For clarity - no, don't respond to the email.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

It will be an attempt to scam you. I expect there will be a link which takes you to a fake log in page for the scammer to capture your username and password. For clarity - no, don't respond to the email.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@tiredoutwiththis 

Mark the email as spam and do the same should you be sent anymore as you will never be sent one of these types of emails from Sky out of the blue like this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
tiredoutwiththis
Topic Author
This message was authored by tiredoutwiththis This message was authored by: tiredoutwiththis

Thank you @Mark39

tiredoutwiththis
Topic Author

Thank you @caesarome 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion