Discussion topic: sky broadband hub (SR202) constantly rebooting

This message was authored by scottydog90 This message was authored by: scottydog90

sky broadband hub (SR202) constantly rebooting

Hi all, posting this in shear desperation as have spend more than 3 weeks liasing with sky call centre handler.

in essence i upgraded to FTTP on oct 24th. ever since my router reboots at least once a day, everyday, sometimes up to 4 times a day. the line has been repeatedly tested and found to be OK (i agree with this as the 3 green lights on the ONT are always on) i have now been sent and tried 3 new routers and nothing changes....still the same. i shall attach my router statistics but don't see how that will help anyone. i've set my router to output logs to a nas and have attached a picture of this as prior to a reboot it does the same thing everytime, seems to start off with a command line of "voice CMS_MSG_Written voice change" then approx 18 entries of the same thing then voice change then gives up and reboots.

it's clear to me it's receiving some sort of command from sky but what i have no idea what. on a lot of the reboots the router now seems to freeze and put messages on my tele which requires me to swith router off at the plug and start again.

any help would be appreciate or i'm gonna have to leave as previously i had FTTC  for 10years with no issues.router log.jpgstatistics.jpgtele message.jpg

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: sky broadband hub (SR202) constantly rebooting

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@scottydog90Does the router power cycle or is it only the internet light going out and then re-sync of the connection?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
scottydog90
Topic Author
This message was authored by scottydog90 This message was authored by: scottydog90

No it's a full power cycle/ reboot.

All lights off followed by the start up sequence of green lights.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@scottydog90Sounds like a bad router, are you able to report this to Sky so that they can send you out a replacement?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Highlinder wrote:

@scottydog90Sounds like a bad router, are you able to report this to Sky so that they can send you out a replacement?

Considering the post says they've already had 3 replacement routers I dont think that is the problem.

@scottydog90 

Its possible the problem is a device you have connected to the router, its not unheard of for a client device, especially an ethernet connected one to be able to crash a router. Have you tried factory resetting the router, then connecting only a handful of devices to see if the issue is still present?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by CarlR2D2 This message was authored by: CarlR2D2

Did you ever get this resolved?  I am on my second router and it is still crashing.

This message was authored by wolfsbane2k This message was authored by: wolfsbane2k

Sadly i appear to be in the same boat; it's suddenly started rebooting 3 to 4 times a day, and it's really frustrating!

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@wolfsbane2k see my reply to your other post.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Robbo0410 This message was authored by: Robbo0410

Mine has just started doing this last few days, router hard resets itself not sure if the ONT lights are going off as well I will have to check next time it does it, originally I thought it was my sky mini box causing a conflict, engineer recommended I turn off the 2.4ghz channel on main box and mini box, was fine for a few days but sadly it's started doing it again 

This message was authored by Robbo0410 This message was authored by: Robbo0410

Can confirm it's just the router that is power cycling, all 3 lights on the ONT are fine so there's no issue with that

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion