Discussion topic: Stat's info help

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

Stat's info help

@Chrisee @TimmyBGood @mae-3 

I posted stat's like below when i was having issue's back in september with noisy line which i

still have, and for the period of approx 2 years my noise margin has always been around the 6db

mark and has now settled at these values.

I had multiple visit's from OR there contractor's, SKY tech etc and i can still hear the noise on Landline conversations. The Up/Down on my 40/10 is approx 36/9 which is fine, and have tested with

landline plugged into master test socket, with the DSL removed and i still have the noise.

This eliminates all of the internal wiring, and at the time, one of the superuser's said that the

noise margin is absolutely nothing to worry about as it's all to do with the cable length etc....

The final fix back in sept, was a Dslam reset, then followed by ? repair cables but you never

find out any results

I believe that this was all caused by VM forcing there Fibre all through the BT/OR ducts and i am

waiting on OR running there fibre as i will 100% NOT go to VM even though it has been available

for months now, its on my pole 30' away, and next door has it....

If you can could you comment or let me know your thought's on the stat's.

Regards Jim

JimM1_0-1703696040601.png

All Replies

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: Stat's info help

@JimM1 

The router stats look okay for 650 metres from the cabinet, you're getting the maximum speed for the profile you are on which is 40/10Mbps. The line has been up for 72 hours without any drops.

Are you sure the noise on the phone isn't something to do with the handset itself or internal wiring that isn't part of the master socket, eg: a slave socket or wiring fault which is your responsibility?

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@JimM1 

I'd recommend you try another handset that is wired and replaces all the cables going to the master socket from the telephone handset.

And the raised noise margin is normal it shows there is additional capacity available, eg: about 5Mbps additional if you were moved to an 80/20Mbps profile you get about 45Mbps downstream and 10Mbps upstream.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
JimM1
Topic Author
This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

@mae-3 

I was told that the Master socket type 5C mk4, with front plate removed, the test socket was only

the line out from this point, have tested with 2 phones, but will borrow one from my parent when

at his home, he has one of the battery only type so that will be a good test also.

Thanks for the reply, and yes 40/10 profile so really not worth changing, waiting on OR fibre when

they get to it, and will ditch the phone then, only have it because DAD is 86 yrs young and now not

able to work his mobile, but simplified the operation on his landline for daily calls.

Regards Jim

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion