Discussion topic: Xbox connectivity issues Sky Q

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Xbox connectivity issues Sky Q

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Wato20 

And heres how to input them onto the sky router

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/How-to/Port-forwarding/ba-p/2662260

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by MrsBy2k22 This message was authored by: MrsBy2k22

Re: Xbox &ps4 connectivity issues Sky Q

Hi we have been fine but the last 2 days our ps4 and xboxs say they are connected we could be in an xbox group chat but it won't load games now we can't log on at all.

My phone also kicks me out multiple times a day and I have yo manually change the dns on my phone to off

This message was authored by DaraIRL This message was authored by: DaraIRL

Same here, just installed sky a few weeks ago. I haven't been able to connect my son's Xbox to the wireless network. We did not have an issue with the previous internet provider. 

This message was authored by Hils11 This message was authored by: Hils11

Hi,

Sorry a silly question, If I want to open the ports for make accessing the Xbox easier, how and where do I do this? thank you

how do i access router>advanced>upnp ?

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Hils11 

The hubs admin interface can be accessed by typing 192.168.0.1 into your browsers address bar.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Thank you,I'll give that a go 

This message was authored by Ktrekeaven This message was authored by: Ktrekeaven

My son can't play online on Xbox it goes into game then freezes no issues with internet have checked nat etc and opened suggested ports

This message was authored by rjdiwb This message was authored by: rjdiwb

I'd try a reboot of the Xbox. Hold the power button down for ten seconds or so. Wait for it to power down. Unplug it for a minute. Then plug back in and power on.

Games freezing are not going to be due to the internet connection. 

This message was authored by Ktrekeaven This message was authored by: Ktrekeaven

Tried this it's not game freezing it says connection to ea server lost but internet is fine and connect via Ethernet only happens online multiplayer 

This message was authored by Davies19801 This message was authored by: Davies19801

I have had the same issue with my series x hard wired only happened after the latest sky update 😐 to solve the issues I have put my xbox into a dmz setting in the hub sounds complicated but it's not. First you need to get devices in address from the said device. Step 1 go into settings network advanced you should find it adress here( take note) Step 2 go to xbox.com to get port forwarding for xbox also any outher games they generally use the same remember to take a note of all the settings including the udp etc. Step 3 in your sky hub app goto dmz setting enter ip address and ports as requested in app.job done this sorted my issues out and my online games have been fine any issues are normally server side hope this helps. I know it sound hard and a bit of a pain having to do this to get a console to work but it is the only way other than getting  a new inter net provider. Have contacted sky numerous times and they are no help but have said if I want to leave there will be no penalty. 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Davies19801 understand why you have made the switch but people need to remember that the DMZ bypasses the Hub's firewall leaving your Xbox vulnerable to hacking. The risk maybe small but it is real. Quite why some customers are hitting this issue between Sky Q and hard wired Xboxes while otherss apiarently are not is unclear.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion