Discussion topic: Which router has the fastest sky hub SR203 or the newest Sky Wi-Fi max Hub SR213

This message was authored by Gujjar This message was authored by: Gujjar

Which router has the fastest sky hub SR203 or the newest Sky Wi-Fi max Hub SR213

Hi there, I was wondering which sky hub should I get.

the Hub 3 SR203 the black version standard sky broadband I believe 

or 

the hub 4 SR213 the newest white one sky max hub 

as a person who has 7 people living in my house and there's approx 13 devices that uses the internet that includes tv phones iPad & ps5 etc.

which router would you guys recommend me.

i used to have Vodafone broadband in which it had no problem just the nights were an issue day time was fine the broadband.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Re: Which router has the fastest sky hub SR203 or the newest Sky Wi-Fi max Hub SR213

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Gujjar firstly Sky do not offer a choice of hub if you buy basic superfast service over copper from Sky the standard router is tge er115 which is the old flat Q hub. The SR203 is only supplied foc if you need one which usually means your service does not come with a standard voice line so the phone has to be plugged into the router which is the position with all full fibre services and some copper services. Otherwise you have to buy the Broadband Boost bundle at £5 per month to get the SR203. SR203 offers wifi5 and wpa2 security

The SR213 only comes as part if the Wifi Max bundle at £7.50 a month but if you reject the bundle during the cooling off period you keep the hub. The SR213 is a wifi6 unit and supports wpa3 wifi security so can potentially offer faster wifi but of course wont give faster external speeds which are fixed by the connection you buy. As a newer unit it probably has higher processing power.

In my experience both hubs will easily support 13 wifi devices but 7 users at once will hit issues simply from coontention unless you have either Ultrafast+ or Gigafast connection as if you try to split say a 70Mb/s connection 7 ways and you are going to hit issues. If multiple users want to game or watch different video streams you are likely to hit issues as well as neither hub supports QOS which prioritises gaming or video data. You would need to buy a decent third party router to get that support.. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Re: Which router has the fastest sky hub SR203 or the newest Sky Wi-Fi max Hub SR213

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Gujjar firstly Sky do not offer a choice of hub if you buy basic superfast service over copper from Sky the standard router is tge er115 which is the old flat Q hub. The SR203 is only supplied foc if you need one which usually means your service does not come with a standard voice line so the phone has to be plugged into the router which is the position with all full fibre services and some copper services. Otherwise you have to buy the Broadband Boost bundle at £5 per month to get the SR203. SR203 offers wifi5 and wpa2 security

The SR213 only comes as part if the Wifi Max bundle at £7.50 a month but if you reject the bundle during the cooling off period you keep the hub. The SR213 is a wifi6 unit and supports wpa3 wifi security so can potentially offer faster wifi but of course wont give faster external speeds which are fixed by the connection you buy. As a newer unit it probably has higher processing power.

In my experience both hubs will easily support 13 wifi devices but 7 users at once will hit issues simply from coontention unless you have either Ultrafast+ or Gigafast connection as if you try to split say a 70Mb/s connection 7 ways and you are going to hit issues. If multiple users want to game or watch different video streams you are likely to hit issues as well as neither hub supports QOS which prioritises gaming or video data. You would need to buy a decent third party router to get that support.. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion