Discussion topic: Wifi dropping out

This message was authored by Si0505 This message was authored by: Si0505

Wifi dropping out

Hi , anyone else having intermittent issues with wifi dropping out ? Sky sent me a new hub but no better . Any ideas what to do next ?

All Replies

This message was authored by radargirl This message was authored by: radargirl

Re: Wifi dropping out

Mine has been dropping since yesterday afternoon. Anything on mobile devices will not open at all, tv just about running.

My download speed on router is running around 15Mbps and my upload speed at 0.1Mbps!

Appalling!

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@radargirl & @Si0505 run the connection test in the My Sky app which will work overca mobike connection if your Sky Broadband is down as that shoukd tell you if there is a known fault affecting your line. If the test can access the hub and it finds a faultvaffecting through put it can offercto book an engineer to check that  for you.

If it does neither you will have to contact Sky to report the issue the phone lines are very busy due to thecrecent bad weather and the pre-Christmmas rush but if you post againnafter doingvtgectest above one of the superusers can escalatecyour post to a Sky chat team.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Have run Sky's & every connection check going and everything tells me it's ok!  Takes about 2 minutes to open any page on desktop.  Keep getting browser message that 'this page may be having a problem or may have moved', then whirrs for a while and eventually connects.

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, radargirl. I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

Si0505
Topic Author
This message was authored by Si0505 This message was authored by: Si0505

I have run the check and tells me all Ok when clearly this is not the case 

About 5 minutes after running the checks, and my last post, everything suddenly clicked back to normal!  At the current moment I have no problem!

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Si0505 then Sky need to check what the problem is I have escalated your post to the team who posted for @radargirl to contact you and send you an invitation to chat. Keep an eye on the forum as they will add a brightly coloured chat icon.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Si0505 an invite to chat.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion