Discussion topic: WiFi signal not reaching the back rooms of my bungalow

This message was authored by Bailee1 This message was authored by: Bailee1

WiFi signal not reaching the back rooms of my bungalow

I've recently had old SKY cabling replaced with new. This was to fix a problem with my service. However, the WiFi signal is not reaching all of the rooms in my bungalow. It's fine in the lounge where the router is set up but not in the kitchen, bedroom & sunroom at the back of the building.  Any ideas out there in how to fix this issue?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder Answer

Re: WiFi signal not reaching the back rooms of my bungalow

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bailee1  Sounds like you will need a booster. To what cables did Sky replace in the property?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder Answer

@Bailee1  Sounds like you will need a booster. To what cables did Sky replace in the property?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Bailee1
Topic Author

Hi,  the main BT cable from box in pavement. Engineer calling tomorrow

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Bailee1 in many houses the single free router an ISP provides is not up to giving reasonablecwifi coversge in every room. As houses have different layouts, types of construction and level of interference Sky only make very limited guarantees. Unless you have Sky Q boxes which aren't connecting Sky only provide boosters to customers who buy an additional bundle.

There are 2 the first Broadband Boost guarantees up to 3Mb/s in every room for £5 per month but you getva booster if you need one. The second is Wifi Max which costs £7.50 a month comes with a newer hub and guarantees 10Mb/s In every room (increased to 25Mb/s for customers buying the top 2 Ultrafast services) and comes with up to 3 extenders if you need them.

Alternstively there is a wide range of third party systems you can buy designed to give better wifi. Which would be best for you is down to what you need and can afford but they can work out cheaper in the long run than paying Sky a monthly amount.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Bailee1
Topic Author

Morning. Thanks for info...

SKY engineer called at 8am & now our issue is fixed. New router & booster installed. Happy days!!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion