Discussion topic: WiFi not working

This message was authored by RAR3 This message was authored by: RAR3

WiFi not working

not sure if there is an issue with the sky wifi. Don't all set up rechecks as suggested online and still my wifi isn't working. 

anyone else having similar issues 

All Replies

This message was authored by BartyM11 This message was authored by: BartyM11

Re: WiFi not working

Gone here too

This message was authored by ersind5 This message was authored by: ersind5

Same here, its not the wifi. I have thr same problem. network status on wifibox still shows connected to sky network. Probably have to turn off and on to connect to a different netwok. 

This message was authored by EricDuffy This message was authored by: EricDuffy

yeah mine is the same, green light on the power and wifi and no light on the internet dot 

RAR3
Topic Author

@BartyM11 @ersind5  

I have redone the checks again - and now finally been able to book an appointment with an engineer for tomorow. 

Sky Wifi shouldnt keep failing - especially the amount us customers pay each month. 

Have either of you had any joy fixing your wifi ?

This message was authored by Cyherwes This message was authored by: Cyherwes

Yes same here. Internet down from 0150 for around 5 mins. Have raised a complaint. 

I've had these intermittent issues for some time now. Have had engineer fix "an issue" and replacement router. But still getting these early morning issues. Needs resolving sky.

RAR3
Topic Author

Current update - my internet went down, did all the resets as suggested etc, booked for an engineer to come today 

Got up this morning and now the my broadband router has 3 green lights and everything is working

Not sure if I should try to cancel the engineer appointment as there is a risk I could be charged £25 cancellation fee. Trying to ring SKY and got the silly automated machine talking to me and then cutting me off 😡 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RAR3 Sky's lines open from 7am

Loss of connection between midnight and 5am is often down to routine maintenance or upgrades. Like all systems parts of both Openreach's and Sky's network need to be worked on which is done at night to incovenience the fewest people. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

If this is the case should it not be normal practice and common courtesy to notify customers? I worked in telecoms for over ten years and when there was scheduled maintenance or downtime/possibility of downtime, notifications were always sent out. Also, interestingly, I checked the "service status" webpage using mobile data and it was all okay. Apparently. I would expect any downtime to be reflected on the service status page, regardless of the reason. This is obviously for the benefit of Sky not directed at you personally 🙂

@Cyherwes practically that is impossible and would be immensely expensive to operate for the small minority of users affected. Sky have over 6 million customers and often will not be informed that Openreach will be replacling a piece of exchange equipment which will impact their customers in one local area. If Sky themselves have to maintain one of their own radius servers which handle connections they have no direct way of knowing who will be affected at the time the machine is taken down 

Like overnight road closeures unfortunately this type of issue is part of modern life. 

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
RAR3
Topic Author

@Chrisee  Just tried ringing SKY - they apparently open after 8am. 

@RAR3 thhe published hours are from 7am but the full service does not come up until around 8am.

RAR3
Topic Author

OMG - WOW the internet down again. 

Was watching something on discovery+ and then 10mins later the show frozen. 

check the router - only got 2 green lights 

Maybe I shouldn't cancel the engineer appointment 

Hmm. I'm afraid I do not agree with it being too difficult for notifications to be sent out. Openreach always sends notifications of there is a possibility of an outage, regardless of the number of end users affected, or always used to, as they know what equipment they may work on. Scheduled maintenance is just that - scheduled - pre-planned to be working on a specific piece of kit. It's not like a road closure under emergency conditions because of a burst pipe or something. Even road closures are notified if it's planned in advance... permits are required for work. Etc etc. Telecoms is no different. There is no good reason why customers cannot be notified if there is work being undertaken which is taking down their service. If this is indeed the case then it's just really poor service IMO. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion