Discussion topic: broadband cutting in and out

This message was authored by tania197421 This message was authored by: tania197421

broadband cutting in and out

for around the last week my broadband is cutting in and out, my phone will say connected without internet, every device in the house will cut out and lose internet, i have done all the checks and sky says connection is good yet it cuts out, i have rebooted the router and followed all the steps as advised and still this happens and can happen when sitting right next to the router, sky then said its because i live in a busy area..so basically is that another way of saying put up with it, also the signal on my mobile phone is non existant on ding further checks with that apparently a mast in my area has been taken down and sky are in communications with council to find a suitable place to put a new one..3 years i have lived in my property and this has aways been a problem, answers like this are really not acceptable when sky have no issue taking money from my bank account every month for a service that is poor at best and giving out feeble excuses...my sky bill is nearly £140 per month, thats for tv, broadband, telelphone ..this is an absolute disgrace as these problems go unresolved on a daily basis. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: broadband cutting in and out

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@tania197421 you appear to have at least three separate contracts with Sky. One for a TV service, a second for broadband and a third for a mobile phone service. Putting all 3 together does confuse things especially when calling Sky support. 

Taking the simplest first Sky do not own or operate the mobile network they use for your service. Like a number of other providers like Tesco Mobile they operate a virtual network and buy network capacity from one of the network operators in Sky's case that is O2. Coverage can vary locally between O2, EE, Vodafone and Three as each have their own masts. The best solution is to switch to whatever provider has the best service in your area..

With Broadband Sky again dont own the network they use to connect you that is owned by Openreach. However there are things that can be done to improve the service. First is to work out what is wrong which can often be done by running the full connection test in the My Sky app. If that finds a line fault it can book an Openreach engineer to check your line. However the test msy report a wifi problem in your home. These are very common and the solution is down to you as the customer but forum members can help.

Any TV service issues would be separate

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
tania197421
Topic Author
This message was authored by tania197421 This message was authored by: tania197421

Re: broadband cutting in and out

I do know I have 3 separate contracts.. Sky sent the message about the signal for my mobile phone and about the mast, I don't care if they use the mast own by king Charles, I pay sky for the service so if that service doesn't work I expect who I pay to fix the issue, I have ran numerous test on broadband in the app which again says all is working perfectly but it isn't and getting to actually speak to someone in person is a nightmare. Again I pay sky for that service and expect it to work correctly. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion