Discussion topic: WiFi max

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: WiFi max

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ScallyDeejay the Wifi Max product can be added at any time but it starts a new 18 month contract. Sky send out the new SR213 hub and ask you return the old SR203 hub they provide to most customers. If you find you dont get the wifi coverage you need Sky will send out an extender pod if you call them. If you need more than one they will book one of their engineers to visit and if they agree you will get up to another 2 pods. The guaranteed wifi speed for full fibre is 25Mb/s in every room. 

If you dont get on with the new bundle or consider it doesnt give value you can cancel within the 30 day colling off period in which case you keep the SR213 hub but should return any extender pods. This is how I have a SR213 hub myself. On my Ultrafast+ service both the SR203 and the new SR213 allowed devices in my main living area to consistently speed test at slightly above 500Mb/s. However speeds on the other 2 levels in my home were varaiable. The SR213 does offer higher speeds in some rooms but in practice the 2 pods Sky provided were not adding anything which is why I cancelled and currently most of my devices are using my own 3 unit Deco M4 wifi system.. 

Talking to the engineer who visited and from my own knowledge the reason why the Wifi Max pods were not an improvement for me is down to the layout of my home and where the hub is situated. The hub is triband and comunicates with the pods using a closed 5GHz band signal which had limited range in my home.. The simpler Deco M4 system is dualband and while only a Wifi5 system gives better results in distant rooms.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion