Discussion topic: WiFi issues with connecting to Tesla & windows laptop

This message was authored by Help_Me This message was authored by: Help_Me

WiFi issues with connecting to Tesla & windows laptop

Tesla stopped connecting to WiFi since weekend so can't perform update. WiFi is listed, can see it, just won't connect. Also having problems with windows laptop dropping connection, WiFi is listed there again, but sometimes just won't connect even after it's been connected fine for a couple of hours. Seems to be mainly when using Teams app. iPhone seems fine and stays connected. Is there a software bug for some devices? Please help! 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: WiFi issues with connecting to Tesla & windows laptop

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Help_Me unlikely to be a bug as there is a more likely expkanation which is communication with a car which is outside is likely to be using the longer range 2.4GHz WiFi band which is frequently affected by interference from other WiFi networks belonging to your neighbour's. You could try rebooting your hub as that will make it find the best channel to use alternatively you can change the channel manually Change your Sky WiFi channel.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion