Discussion topic: WiFi is very unstable

This message was authored by Debbie401 This message was authored by: Debbie401

WiFi is very unstable

My wifi is terrible and continuously drops on all devices unless connected via an Ethernet cable. I'm very disappointed, my son has lost all his university work

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: WiFi is very unstable

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Debbie401 wifi can be a problem and for any crtical work ethernet is a far better connection. However you can do things to improve WiFi . Make surecyour Sky hub is not on the floor or worse under other kit. Wifi signals are like light so pkacectge hub on a table or shelf so thecsignals are not blocked by radiators and other kit. A lot depends on the layout and type of construction of your home and how many neighbour's networks are within range as interference is a very common issue. This link explains more Sky Help - Slow wifi 

Hopefully your son saved a local copy of his eork but I think  everyone has lost something before they learnt that lesson

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion