Discussion topic: Unsecure WEP

This message was authored by Lyndaj214 This message was authored by: Lyndaj214

Unsecure WEP

WEP showing on ipad nit considered secure. Old router . Can you please advise what steps I need to take

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Unsecure WEP

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Lyndaj214 

Your router certainly should not be using WEP.

Can you tell us which router you have? A model number from the back/rear would do

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Lyndaj214
Topic Author
This message was authored by Lyndaj214 This message was authored by: Lyndaj214

Re: Unsecure WEP

Hi thank you for responding. My router is model no. SR203

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Unsecure

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lyndaj214 the SR203 default to using  WPA2-PSK which is secure so unless someone has changed the security level you are protected. Apple devices however can report this as insecure as there is a new standard WPA3 but that requires new hardware and as yet there are only a very few routers and devices that support it. Unless you are a target of organised crime or a state security agency WPA2-PSK should keep baddies out.

If you think someone has weakened security on your current hub to WEP you can reset it back to its defaults by pressing and holding in the reset pin on the hub until the power LED flashes.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion