Discussion topic: Wi-Fi slow and working intermittent

This message was authored by LynneK This message was authored by: LynneK

Wi-Fi slow and working intermittent

Our WiFi is slow and working intermittently. 

We pay £145 for full package and broadband and do not feel we are receiving a worthwhile service. 

We work from home and require an excellent broadband service. We unfortunately get disconnected from video calls during meetings which is not ideal. 

All Replies

This message was authored by JPR007 This message was authored by: JPR007

Re: Wi-Fi slow and working intermittent

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LynneK Nobody pays £145 solely for their broadband so would assume this is for your entire Sky package.

It sounds like it's the Wi-Fi coverage that is your issue, rather than the broadband itself, as is usually the case. What speed does the Sky checker say you are getting? All Sky packages are classed as "domestic" services, so the fact your work from home has no bearing on anything.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zen Superfast (FTTC), Fritzbox 7530, Sky Q 2TB UHD v3 (x1), Sky Q Mini (x2), Alienware Area 51-M, Panasonic TX-65HZ1000B, Denon AVR-X6300H, B&W CM8 S2, B&W CM1 S2 (x2), B&W CM Centre S2, REL S3 SHO (x2), Panasonic TX-P42G30B, Monitor Audio RS6, Marantz PM7001 KI, Denon HEOS 1 HS2 (x2), B&W P7, iPad Pro 12.9" (5th Gen), iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPad Mini 6 (work)

** No - I have nothing to do with Sky **
LynneK
Topic Author
This message was authored by LynneK This message was authored by: LynneK

Thank you for getting back to me. 

I thought I was typing the original message to Sky and did not realise it was a discussion board 🙈 

This message was authored by Geraldine+Scudder This message was authored by: Geraldine+Scudder

We have fibre installed this month and had no internet all morning till switching off at the mains electric and plugging in again. 

we have had problems logging on to our different accounts which keep asking for passwords.  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion