Discussion topic: When will auto-compensation be applied?

This message was authored by alalalalala This message was authored by: alalalalala

When will auto-compensation be applied?

Hi,

We had a total loss of broadband from approx. 11:30am Mon. January 15th 2023 until approx. 12:30pm Thur. January 18th 2023. Spoke with customer support on 15th and again on 17th and the fault was confirmed.

I understand that auto-compensation will apply, but have just received my bill for next month (dated 2nd Feb) and it has not been applied.

Can I expect it to be applied to the March bill?

Thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: When will auto-compensation be applied?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@alalalalala 

You may not qualify. Fault started 15th, reported 15th, fixed midday on 18th. 

The below link explains the Ofcom agreed auto compensation scheme which Sky operates for when there is a TOTAL loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full WORKING days from when you first report the fault to Sky (so by evening of 17th) you will become eligible for it. It’s applied 30 days after the fault has been repaired and will come in the form of a credit appearing on your Sky account.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

alalalalala
Topic Author
This message was authored by alalalalala This message was authored by: alalalalala

Apologies. Those dates should of course read 2024 not 2023.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

@alalalalala 

You may not qualify. Fault started 15th, reported 15th, fixed midday on 18th. 

The below link explains the Ofcom agreed auto compensation scheme which Sky operates for when there is a TOTAL loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full WORKING days from when you first report the fault to Sky (so by evening of 17th) you will become eligible for it. It’s applied 30 days after the fault has been repaired and will come in the form of a credit appearing on your Sky account.

Sky customer since 2001
alalalalala
Topic Author

Hey,

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure this is a nailed on case of auto-compensation (it's exactly the example described on that help page: "For example, if you report a fault at any time on Monday, we’ll offer you compensation if the fault isn’t fixed by 11.59pm on Wednesday"). I just hadn't spotted the "within 30 days" part. Hopefully they'll come through with it before the next bill.

Thanks again.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@alalalalala 

Just be aware you weren't without the service for the full third day as you state it was fixed by 1230. It'll only be just over £9 maximum. 

Sky customer since 2001

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion