Discussion topic: Wan connection dropped in the past 1h, vdsl still up, was didn't want to reconnect

This message was authored by WestleyZero This message was authored by: WestleyZero

Wan connection dropped in the past 1h, vdsl still up, was didn't want to reconnect

Cambridgeshire region. Dropped at 23:08 on Nov 16. Anyone else?

Superfibre. Latest hub model from 3 months ago.

Wan connection dropped. Vdsl2 still up (us=19999, da=64864, from the logs)

Going to Gui > Maintenance I see modern says Disconnected but did show twice type PTM and line speed up and down. Broadband port is all blank. Connection status says "connecting" abd that's it, it's been like that for over 1h now

Rebooting didn't help. Gets back to the exact same state: vdsl2 comes up, but wan connection is down and different get an IP address

Sky says no outage in the area, but I doubt theirv status pages as they weren't accurate in the past either.

All Replies

WestleyZero
Topic Author
This message was authored by WestleyZero This message was authored by: WestleyZero

Re: Wan connection dropped in the past 1h, vdsl still up, was didn't want to reconnect

Finally connected ... 1h30 downtime in less than 3 months since signing up.

For the veteran Sky broadband customers: How often does this happen at Sky?

This message was authored by Suzie10 This message was authored by: Suzie10

Re: Wan connection dropped in the past 1h, vdsl still up, was didn't want to reconnect

Mine cut out about 20 minutes after midnight today. Internet light went yellow and then off. It returned about 10-15mins later. 

Internet cut out yesterday as well about 1 hour after midnight. Light stayed amber during this time. Downtime was longer - about 30-40mins or so.

I've been with Sky for nearly a decade and it's been rock-solid stable almost all of the time. I've not had many issues with my broadband. 

Downtimes happen occasionally. It shouldn't be a common occurrence. 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@WestleyZero your brief outage was probably due to Sky making an upgrade or maintaining the backhaul equipment which would explain why your hub remained connected to the cabinet. Sky, Openreach and other network operators use the hours between midnight and 5am for maintanance to cause the minimum disruption. 

In answer to the question about how often does this happens you can go years without any noticeable disruption then have regular drops every night for weeks it is totally unpredictable. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion