Discussion topic: Internet keeps dropping out

This message was authored by ingleside44 This message was authored by: ingleside44

Internet keeps dropping out

Since yesterday my internet keeps dropping out every 5-10mins. The lights stay green on the hub box. I have undertaking the self-diagnosis steps, and disconnected all devices apart from my laptop which I need as I work from home. Nothing seems to be working to keep the connection. Help!

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86 Answer

Re: Internet keeps dropping out

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - After a private chat an Openreach engineer has been booked to resolve the issue

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ingleside44 

Initially it sounds like wifi interference

Could you post your hub stats

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
ingleside44
Topic Author
This message was authored by ingleside44 This message was authored by: ingleside44

Thanks - how do I know what my router admin and password is? Never logged into this before?

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@ingleside44Which router do you have from the link below.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-diagnostic-which-sky-hub 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@ingleside44 

Depending on you hub  

Username admin

Password sky or wifi password

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

ingleside44
Topic Author

Router Stats 1.PNG

@ingleside44 

For some reason you are only getting 38Mbps on a 70-80Mbps line

You would need to call sky on 150 from your landline or
zero three three three seven five nine one zero one eight from any other phone

Or if in Ireland

Call sky ireland on

Remove all the full stops

To book an engineer

ingleside44
Topic Author

Thanks just tried calling the number, a pre-recorded message that send me to Sky Help Self-Diagnosis.

Anyway to book an engineer or contact Sky through email/website?

@ingleside44 

If you wish i can escalate direct to sky

ingleside44
Topic Author

Thank you please do escalate 

@ingleside44 

I've escalated your post via the community chat. This link explains how it works https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Keep an eye out for an invite or blue chat bubble. When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to chat 🙂 

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - After a private chat an Openreach engineer has been booked to resolve the issue

ingleside44
Topic Author

BT Engineer has visited today and advised that the issue is with our Sky Hub and we would need a replacement. Please can you tell me how I can arrange this 

@ingleside44 

You would need to call sky on 150 from your landline or
zero three three three seven five nine one zero one eight from any other phone

Or if in Ireland

Call sky ireland on

Remove all the full stops

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion