Discussion topic: Unable to create 2.4 ghz wifi network and inconsistent connections

This message was authored by swagathachristy This message was authored by: swagathachristy

Unable to create 2.4 ghz wifi network and inconsistent connections

Hello, 

Whenever I try to set up a separate 2.4Ghz wifi network, clicking SAVE results in a failure to load page and when refreshed, the changes aren't saved. 

I'm also seeing issues where my wifi devices will randomly disconnect and reconnect from the router. 

I've attempted factor reset as well as factory resetting some of my devices and the issue still presents. 

Based on my inability to save changes to my settings, it seems like my router may be faulty. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Unable to create 2.4 ghz wifi network and inconsistent connections

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@swagathachristy 

What device are you using to make the setting changes? If Apple try using a non Apple device. If that still doesnt work use an ethernet connected device

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
swagathachristy
Topic Author
This message was authored by swagathachristy This message was authored by: swagathachristy

I was initially using my laptop on wifi, but know that making changes to settings like this over wifi can result in being kicked off the network. 

I've also attempted the settings change on both my android OS phone, and via a wired connection with my laptop. 

What's confusing me is that I've made these same settings changes at a friends house on their router who has the same hardware without issue. 

@swagathachristy 

That is odd. If you've already factory reset the router then the next step would be to look at getting a replacement router from Sky.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
swagathachristy
Topic Author

I did think that might have to be the next move. It's clearly a wifi issue as wired connections I have never skip a beat. The first sign was the issue with being unable to save changed to the syncronised 5 and 2.4GHz networks. 

I initially thought it could be an issue with my mobile, but the same inconsistent connection issues present with guests devices too. I'd understand if it was a signal strength issue but this occurs when I'm sat 6ft from the router. 

Do you know the best way to get a replacement sent? Do I need to call Sky or is there a way to raise a ticket / contact tech support online?  

@swagathachristy 

Quickest way is to call. Alternatively we can escalate your post to chat with a Sky advisor on the forum however its slower & replies are not instant.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
swagathachristy
Topic Author

@jamesn123 

Not a problem. I'll give them a call and see if I can get it resolved. Thanks so much for your help! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion