Discussion topic: Unable to access certain sites, or very slowly.

This message was authored by dezplants This message was authored by: dezplants

Unable to access certain sites, or very slowly.

Hi everyone. Wondering if my issue here has been encountered before.

On my SKy Broadband, certain websites are loading extremely slowly, or timing out. 

I've identified two sites, the first is my own, and the second is another one on the same hosting service.

dezplants.com and beechgrovetrees.com

There are actually a few more, but these two will do for testing purposes.

When I'm connected to my sky broadband, these two sites time out, or do load, but very slowly.

I've connected using various devices and browsers, the common element is the sky broadband. If I connect any of these devices using a mobile broadband hotspot via my phone, there is no problem.

The hosting company recommended doing a trace on the connect, I did this on both sites. IMages attached at foot. Hosting company said there was no issues at their end. The sites are fine on any other internet connection.

Considering the sites that have the issue are on the same hosting company, and on the same server too, would there be something happening on my sky broadband that would be affecting it. The router has had a full reset too. Have also connected via an ethernet cable as well, rather than via Wifi. Any help very much appreciated.

Malc

IMG_3324.pngIMG_3323.png

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Unable to access certain sites, or very slowly.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@dezplants 

First troubleshooting step would be to get a new public IP and see if the problem still occurs. To do this either switch your router off for around 30mins-1hr or login to the routers admin interface and under maintenance use the 'Disconnect' & 'Connect' buttons for the line. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
dezplants
Topic Author
This message was authored by dezplants This message was authored by: dezplants

Re: Unable to access certain sites, or very slowly.

Thank you James we will try that!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion