Discussion topic: Contacting customer services

This message was authored by Rob105 This message was authored by: Rob105

Contacting customer services

Does anyone know of a number to contact customer services. I spent well over an hour yesterday and all I got was automated messages telling me to phone various 0333 numbers, even sat listening to music for 47 minutes but still got nowhere.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Contacting customer services

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rob105  Currently Sky's phone lines are extremly busy and no numbers give you a back door to get through to an agent. This happens most years around now as people want to take up the Black Friday offers.

If you post details of your issue of why you need to talk to Sky forum members often can help,but if your issue does require Sky help then one of the Superusers can escalate your post to a Sky support team for a chat session. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Rob105
Topic Author

Thanks for your reply. I ordered broadband and talk and the sky TV  streaming service, the engineer came out yesterday spent a couple of hours at the property and spoke to his boss then informed me that it was not possible to get fibre optic broadband to my property the CBT box would be getting upgraded at some time in the future but no date available when this would happen and sky should not have told me it was available. I am concerned I will start getting charged for these services that I can not have.

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Rob105 

Could you enter your full postal address below and post the table and notes below after removing your address from the image

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

This will at least give the speed you will get. What package did you order?

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Rob105
Topic Author

Screenshot_20231129_075435_Samsung Internet.jpg

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Rob105 the engineer was not being totally honest it was not a mistake by Sky who were going by the information in the checker. going by the checker that any fibre feed to your home would be delivered underground but the job needed to be "evaluated" which was what happened yesterday by the sound of it.

Openreach will communicate with Sky and from what you post the order will be cancelled and you wont be charged. The new prioduct is only chargeable after the service is installed and tested. Sky should send you a message telling you that your upgrade order is cancelled

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Rob105 

Ok WBC FTTP is available but not evaluated ie possibly survey needs done re the cbt. But that shouldn't take too long hopefully. In the mean time fttc speeds are 80Mbps which which will be more than sufficient for streaming. 

Contact sky as below

Follow the link and choose need more help

https://www.sky.com/help/home/

If in the Republic of Ireland go to the bottom of the page and change the flag to Republic of Ireland

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

@Rob105 

I think @Chrisee has summed the situation up nicely

Rob105
Topic Author

Hope that's the case because the box inside the house and the box outside the house has been installed just wish they had a separate number for new customer installations.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion