Discussion topic: Ethernet to garden office

This message was authored by Better+call+Saul This message was authored by: Better+call+Saul

Ethernet to garden office

Hi there, I have built a garden office 35 metres from my sky broadband router. I plan to run an Ethernet cable to the office and I want to replicate the WiFi in the office so I can connect multiple devices. What equipment do I need in the office to achieve this? I've been looking on Amazon for a wireless access point or similar but I'm a bit lost as, clearly, I'm not very technical. Thanks for any advice or products you can point me to achieve this. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Ethernet to garden office

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Better+call+Saul 

I don't think that should be an issue: the garden office booster wouldn't be acting as a mesh node.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Better+call+Saul 

When Sky is your ISP, the simplest solution is to acquire a Sky wireless booster to match the Hub model: that won't require any configuration.

Better+call+Saul
Topic Author
This message was authored by Better+call+Saul This message was authored by: Better+call+Saul

Thanks for your response @TimmyBGood. I have a booster and four mini boxes in the house and I think there is a maximum number of nodes that can be used. As the booster will be hard wired to the Ethernet do you think there will be any issues with capacity on the system?

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

@Better+call+Saul 

I don't think that should be an issue: the garden office booster wouldn't be acting as a mesh node.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion