Discussion topic: Slow upload speed

This message was authored by ChrisG1L This message was authored by: ChrisG1L

Slow upload speed

My upload speeds constantly dip to 0.1-0.5mbps. I've cheched both wired and wireless. resetting the router can fix it for a short while but it's getting more and more frequent. Download speed does not seem to be affected. Can't do the connection test on the mysky app as it keeps crashing saying I am offline

ChrisG1L_0-1700820616828.pngChrisG1L_1-1700820635648.png

As i was typing this its suddenly went fine again, hopefully the router stats captured it

All Replies

This message was authored by SolaireOfAstor1 This message was authored by: SolaireOfAstor1

Re: Slow upload speed

Sorry I haven't come with a solution, but I'm having exactly the same problem as you: https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/Upload-speed-extremely-slow/td-p/4491378

It's absolutely dismal. I rely on a solid connection, and upload speed, for work and I have to sit around and wait for 2mb PNGs to upload taking 5, 10 minutes at a time.

I hope you get your problem solved soon, same as mine !

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ChrisG1L your stats look fine with download at 50Mb/s and upload at 15Mb/s which should givecspeedtests of 45Mb/s down and 13 Mb/s up or slightly higher. 

@SolaireOfAstor1 see my reply to your thread.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
ChrisG1L
Topic Author
This message was authored by ChrisG1L This message was authored by: ChrisG1L

It happened again yesterday. I phoned the helpline and the chapmon the other end did some changes then I factory reset the router and that fixed it. For around 20 hours anyway. Same issue just now when I got home from work.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion