Discussion topic: Slow broadband on iPhone when connected to wifi

This message was authored by Davestillwaiting This message was authored by: Davestillwaiting

Slow broadband on iPhone when connected to wifi

Can anyone help? Our broadband has been brilliant over the past couple of years but wirhin then last 3 months it's become very slow. When connected on iPhones no emails will load, some websites don't work and now streaming Netflix or prime through my sky q box is also slow. Tried all the usual resetting, tried all what I've been told to try but now feel that I'm stuck with unbearable broadband and nowhere to turn. Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙏🏼

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Slow broadband on iPhone when connected to wifi

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Davestillwaiting Could you please post your router stats following the link below.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717#M101...

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Davestillwaiting
Topic Author
This message was authored by Davestillwaiting This message was authored by: Davestillwaiting

F084F7E3-0096-447F-B074-87E87CD5CECE.jpeg

Davestillwaiting
Topic Author

05509358-9AF9-471E-8ABB-0A5A450B561C.jpeg

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Davestillwaiting  What speed are you supposed to be getting on your internet connection.

Davestillwaiting
Topic Author

C7DC5799-F3C4-4B8F-9923-2EBA9324BDD2.jpeg

@Davestillwaiting  That is the national average that you have posted.

Can you please run the broadband test, this can be done either via the Sky app on mobile data or use the link below.
https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-broadband-diagnostic/sky-broadband-diagnostic

This will tell you the speed that you are supposed to be getting.

Davestillwaiting
Topic Author

Download speed is average 31mbps and upload is 4.8mbps 

Davestillwaiting
Topic Author

My paid for average download speed is 59mbps and upload speed of 16mbps that's what it states on my contract. I don't even think it's running at the test speed. Our iPhones are faster on data at a very minimal 4G signal. 

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Davestillwaiting 

59Mbps is the national average

If you run the test again and post the info in more about your connection for you guaranteed minimum speed

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Davestillwaiting
Topic Author

3461C22F-67A5-4DD8-8B44-577574CA3B82.jpeg

Davestillwaiting
Topic Author

I'm not disputing the speed but the question I'm asking is why does my mobile phone data download emails and loads websites instantly but when on Wi-Fi it barely loads at all and that's on various iPhones and Samsung tablet too? Is it a faulty router?

@DavestillwaitingIf you run the broadband test via the link posted this will give the forum the speed you are supposed to get between and your minimum also.

Davestillwaiting
Topic Author

C4CD4BA1-A718-49B0-814C-CD49F12246BB.png

Davestillwaiting
Topic Author

This is what happens when I do this test. It doesn't complete the test the wheel just keeps going round  at the bottom 😬

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion