Discussion topic: Sky booster won’t connect

This message was authored by JEFF1102 This message was authored by: JEFF1102

Sky booster won’t connect

I have a Sky booster which I have had since 2018 when I got Sky Q. It was initailly because of problems cpnnecting to the Sky Q mini.  However II now have Sky Stream and am wondering if I still need a booster. I have two pucks, one in living room connected by ethernet and second puck in bedroom wireless and this is the one furthest from the router. The booster is halfway between.

I noticed the other day that the green connection light was not working so phoned Sky and could not resolve it so have sent me a new booster but this will not connect either. Phoned Sky and spoke to an advisor who was not technical and she has booked an engineer vist next week. She said she tested the line and found a fault with the booster.

Since having Stream I have rarely had problems with the bedroom connection. I did a speedtest yesterday and got 54mb near to the router and 38 in the room furthest away. So should I go ahead with the enginner visit or do I perhaps not need this booster? Or should I go ahead with the engineer visit as this booster will not work? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

Re: Sky booster won’t connect

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JEFF1102 

You likely dont need the booster but probably worth seeing what the Sky engineer says

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JEFF1102 

You likely dont need the booster but probably worth seeing what the Sky engineer says

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
JEFF1102
Topic Author
This message was authored by JEFF1102 This message was authored by: JEFF1102

Thanks. I am going ahead with the engineer visit as when testing the broadband the advisor said I shouls be getting better speeds and the engineer will be able to advise. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion