Discussion topic: Sky boosterS

This message was authored by Williams2 This message was authored by: Williams2

Sky boosterS

I currently have a Sky booster in the kitchen with the router in the living room, this enhances the wifi signal when outside and the firestick in the TV that I have in the kitchen.

I am now using a firestick in a TV in an upstairs bedroom, but can't connect to any apps due to the signal not being strong enough.

Can you use 2 boosters on one service and would Sky provide another???

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Sky boosterS

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Williams2 adding multiple boosters is not always a good idea. If the first booster was provided as part of the Broadband Boost bundle that is your lot. You could possibly buy a second online - get one that  matches however experiment in moving the booster you have to a hall or landing as they are best placed midway between the hub and where you need the boost. Coverage outdoors is a bonus but not part of the deal.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Chrisee 

I thought Sky provide more than 1 booster if there is a signal issue in another room?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Williams2 It amybe worth asking Sky as @jamesn123 maybe right but not seen itvrecently myself.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Chrisee 

The WiFi guarantee doesnt mention any 'limit' of boosters but it also doesn't mention boosters at all. It just states 'we’ll check the setup in your home to find the best way to fix your WiFi issue' so that could imply they would provide more than 1 booster or not. 

I just figured if it was obvious a 2nd one was needed they would just provide it. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion