Discussion topic: Sky booster not connecting

This message was authored by Kelly310388 This message was authored by: Kelly310388

Sky booster not connecting

Hi. I appear to have good Hub connection, but there's an orange light on my booster for the connection. I have tried to reset and move it closer to the hub but that hasn't helped. 
On my sky planner, I've had lots of random channels recorded but with no pictures. Not sure what's happening. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19 Answer

Re: Sky booster not connecting

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Kelly310388 

Thanks for your post.

To reconnect the booster you'll need to hold the Reset button on the back of the booster for 5-10 seconds (or until you have a single amber/red light on the booster) then wait for the Power and Wireless lights to go green.

Once they do hold the WPS on the booster for 3 seconds and it should start flashing amber then go press/hold the WPS button on your Sky Router for 3 seconds.

They should both flash amber then go green within 2 minutes.

If that fails, try moving the booster closer to your Hub (within a couple of metres) to reconnect then you can move the booster back.

Hope this helps and stay safe.

Thanks
Tom

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Kelly310388 

Thanks for your post.

To reconnect the booster you'll need to hold the Reset button on the back of the booster for 5-10 seconds (or until you have a single amber/red light on the booster) then wait for the Power and Wireless lights to go green.

Once they do hold the WPS on the booster for 3 seconds and it should start flashing amber then go press/hold the WPS button on your Sky Router for 3 seconds.

They should both flash amber then go green within 2 minutes.

If that fails, try moving the booster closer to your Hub (within a couple of metres) to reconnect then you can move the booster back.

Hope this helps and stay safe.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Dreemer This message was authored by: Dreemer

Helped me out, many thanks 😊👍

This message was authored by JJGazza This message was authored by: JJGazza

I have the issue of my sky booster box showing an orange light on the connected icon. The others are green (power and WiFi) so my sky q mini box can't connect. The main router is a bt hub and there is also a bt repeater nearby. I have tried resetting and holding WPS with the repeater but it keeps going back to orange. Any help would be appreciated!!

This message was authored by Springerstimes2 This message was authored by: Springerstimes2

I have restvthe booster 5 times by holding the rest button as requested 

howver only power light comes on green both other lights do not come on 

This message was authored by Chapel1971 This message was authored by: Chapel1971

I am having the same issue, ive received a new hub from sky which is connected ok but want to add a sky  booster box. i have re set the booster several time but will not connect to the WiFi. Help required please.

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chapel1971 

Which booster do you have?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by JSpiel This message was authored by: JSpiel

I've tried connecting the booster, both lights are green (power & wifi) but the booster is still not connecting. I've moved the booster right next to the Sky hub still with no luck. Is there a way to manually connect the booster with the hub?

@JSpiel wrote:

I've tried connecting the booster, both lights are green (power & wifi) but the booster is still not connecting. I've moved the booster right next to the Sky hub still with no luck. Is there a way to manually connect the booster with the hub?

No there isnt. Have you tried holding the reset button for 20 seconds on the booster & hub?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
This message was authored by Rabe This message was authored by: Rabe

No lights on sky booster even though power to it 

This message was authored by Kaygirl This message was authored by: Kaygirl

Hi, 

I'm hoping someone can help, I got a new modem today and have tried to reset it as per engineers instructions, hold reset button for 12 seconds, Amber light then WPS buttons on modem and booster I've tried numerous times but the booster doesn't show up to be able to sign into that WiFi network under the EXT can anyone advise me please?

Hi @Kaygirl 

Not sure what you mean by the booster not showing up to connect with EXT in its name because this doesnt happen with Sky boosters.

Which hub & booster do you have?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
This message was authored by Mother+Terasa This message was authored by: Mother+Terasa

Hi I have tried all that and there is still no connection !!

This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

@Mother+Terasa wrote:

Hi I have tried all that and there is still no connection !!

Can you clarify what you have tried and the current status so that we can help more easilly?

Passing on the tips I have learned in over 23 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

This message was authored by Mother+Terasa This message was authored by: Mother+Terasa

Thank you Mal . I have followed instructions . My booster box is showing wifi green , power green but connection red  . I have followed re boot instruction my box is two foot from sky Q box   Cannot get connection to go green . At the moment I am able to watch all programmes ok , but come the evening I will loose everything . Two other boxes in home in other rooms working ok

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion