Discussion topic: Sky VIP customer 20+ years. Why am I being charged £10 admin fee for continuing with my contract

This message was authored by Kevillie This message was authored by: Kevillie

Sky VIP customer 20+ years. Why am I being charged £10 admin fee for continuing with my contract

I've just renewed my contract for broadband after being with Sky for many years and they have charged me £10. I can't believe they can charge this for just continuing what I already have. Bit disgusted to be honest. I think as I have been loyal to Sky they should wave the admin. Any tips?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: Sky VIP customer 20+ years. Why am I being charged £10 admin fee for continuing with my contract

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kevillie 
Admin charges are usually added to discounted deals (new or on renewal), and it’s normally £10 per discount. Perhaps check your future bills and see if the charges have been credited back. If you negotiated the deal on the phone and these admin charge(s) weren’t mentioned contact Sky again. They should be able to listen back on your original call and if they weren’t mentioned they will hopefully cancel them.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Sky VIP customer 20+ years. Why am I being charged £10 admin fee for continuing with my contract

@Kevillie  Did you do this online or via the phone to get your new deal?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

@Kevillie 
Admin charges are usually added to discounted deals (new or on renewal), and it’s normally £10 per discount. Perhaps check your future bills and see if the charges have been credited back. If you negotiated the deal on the phone and these admin charge(s) weren’t mentioned contact Sky again. They should be able to listen back on your original call and if they weren’t mentioned they will hopefully cancel them.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Kevillie
Topic Author
This message was authored by Kevillie This message was authored by: Kevillie

I just renewed through the sky vip app. It's not a new deal it's just continuing on the same deal as the last 18 months. Paying same amount 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Kevillie  Always found it a good idea when re-newing my contract to call and you might find that the agent might take off that admin fee for you as good will for being with Sky for so long.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

You should  phone them

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Kevillie wrote:

I just renewed through the sky vip app. It's not a new deal it's just continuing on the same deal as the last 18 months. Paying same amount 

Then yes its a new deal. You would have been on an offer period for 18 months, your contract then moves to a 30 day rolling contract & goes up or if you decide to re-contract/take a new deal then it starts again. Even if the price is the same & the package is the same you are taking a new 18 month contract on a new discount. You can sometimes get these admin charges waived if you phone but I have found that Sky have become more adament on them in recent years. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion