Discussion topic: Broadband booster suddenly lost connection

This message was authored by Christina05 This message was authored by: Christina05

Broadband booster suddenly lost connection

Hi all,

I've had sky broadband for almost 4 months now. I live in an old house with very thick walls and as such, I had to get a booster from sky to inprove the broadband speed at the other end of the house.

I got the booster a week after installing the broadband, set it up as required and it worked a charm. I haven't had a bit of trouble with it until the last week or so.

A about a week back, I noticed the 'connected' light on the booster was gone but after a few minutes it came back by itself and worked fine there after. Now this morning it's gone again except this time it's not coming back on at all. I've unplugged the booster and tried to reconnect to the main router, I've also tried resetting the booster using the button at the back of the uint and tried recoonecting it and neither have worked. It hasn't moved from the spot it was put in the first day I got it so I don't know what could be causing this issue. The main router itself is fine - it's working correctly and I can connect to it with any device.

I did lose the broadband a couple of times the last week due to the storms we've been having but that was an area wide outage and not concentrated to just my house. And even then, the booster remained connected to the router.

Could anyone offer some advice? I'm at work so I can't call the support line until lunch time until I'm home.

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Broadband booster suddenly lost connection

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Christina05 

Sometimes the WiFi environment within your home can change, a strong signal at one time can quickly become very weak if there is increased interference from another source.

Have you tested the booster closer to the hub to see if it maintains a connection? This would rule out any hardware issue with it

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion