Discussion topic: New Sky Broadband Installation no internet

This message was authored by chompy This message was authored by: chompy

New Sky Broadband Installation no internet

So, we had a Kelly Communications engineer come round yesterday and he installed a new Openreach Master Socket 5C (Property hasn't had BT phone line in over 20 years) and he hooked up the Sky Broadband hub. Had a text from Sky saying broadband is activated and no internet obviously. Waited till after midnight - still no broadband.

If I run the Sky broadband checker even with the router off and disconnected it says it's connected and fine and if I go to Wifi Checker it shows devices that 100% aren't mine. It shows a Galaxy S8 but I'm the only one who's connected to Sky broadband router so 100% there is only 1 device on the network and it's an iPhone.

I've tried factory resetting the Sky router and re-plugging the cables in.

Does this just sound like they've activated the wrong phone line?

Secondly will this affect Sky Q installation? They're meant to be installing that today but obviously no internet. Does that just mean no Netflix etc on Sky Q?

Thanks.

All Replies

chompy
Topic Author

Re: New Sky Broadband Installation no internet

Can't edit my post, but just to add that the Internet light on the Sky broadband router is not lit up. Only two are lit up which I believe are Power and Wifi.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@chompy it sounds like Sky have a crossed line and you are seeing the details of the wrong hub in the test.

I have therefore escalated your post to the Sky team who support the forum who should be in touch soon to offer you a private chat session to get this sorted. Keep an eye on the forum as if you miss the message just click the chat icon which will be added to the forum pages for you to use saving a long phone call.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
chompy
Topic Author

Thanks for that @Chrisee  - really do appreciate it.

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to @chompy to chat.

chompy
Topic Author

Just thought I'd post a follow up - open reach came yesterday and had a look and determined that kelly communications didn't hook it up at the green box properly - it wasn't even close. Open reach sorted it and all is working again.

Thanks again for your help 🙂 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion