Discussion topic: Sky Fibre Hub - WiFi Splitting

This message was authored by Thevoid This message was authored by: Thevoid

Sky Fibre Hub - WiFi Splitting

Hi, I seem to have issues with the following devices, audio wise.

Sky Stream - Audio Popping sound/dropouts

Google Nest Speaker and Google Home Hub Screen - occasional pop sound during playback

Wondering if it's to do with interference on the WiFi. Not entirely sure though as Sky Stream still does this if I hardwire it via ethernet.

Is it best to split the wifi networks between 2.4 and 5ghz? If so, how do I know which one to connect each device to as they'd show as two wifi networks wouldn't they?

Also, how would I split them? Would I have to reconnect every device at home that uses wifi?

Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Sky Fibre Hub - WiFi Splitting

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Thevoid  Which router did Sky supply from the link below.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-diagnostic-which-sky-hub 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Thevoid
Topic Author

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Thevoid  To split the Wi-Fi frequencies follow the link below. This is best done on a wired device.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband-Talk/How-to-separate-WiFi-bands/ba-p/3530610 

Thevoid
Topic Author

Thanks, just a few questions...

In the admin settings of the broadband hub, where can i see what devices are using 2.4 or 5ghz when not split?

When I do split them, will each device have to reconnect, and if so, which one should I choose for each device?

I would disable 2.4ghz completely, but then I may have some devices that can't use 5ghz? Confusing.

@ThevoidIf you have devices that are close to the router and can use 5 GHz then put them into that. If they use 2.4 then put them into that. But what you also have to remember is the further away they are the more likely they wil try to use the 2.4 GHz over the 5.0 GHz.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion