Discussion topic: Sky broadband down for 3 days

This message was authored by SolaireOfAstor1 This message was authored by: SolaireOfAstor1

Sky broadband down for 3 days

Hi,

I live in the Birmingham Minworth area and I've been out of service for 3 days. An engineer came yesterday and said all the line is clear and after he left, it has gone down again and remained down all night last night and now all day today.

Not sure what to do at this point 😕 I called again today and they said its an Openreach issue and didnt have a solution - I work from home and I NEED a stable internet connection or I cannot eat.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Sky broadband down for 3 days

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SolaireOfAstor1 

Working from home doesn't prioritise a quicker fix as Sky Broadband is a domestic subscription. You just need to wait for Openreach to fix it again/properly. 

Meanwhile the below link explains the Ofcom agreed auto compensation scheme which Sky operates for when there is a TOTAL loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full WORKING days from when the fault is first reported to Sky, you will become eligible for it. It’s applied 30 days after the fault has been repaired and will come in the form of a credit appearing on your Sky account.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
SolaireOfAstor1
Topic Author
This message was authored by SolaireOfAstor1 This message was authored by: SolaireOfAstor1

I didn't demand a quicker fix at all lol

Bit of empathy wouldn't go amiss 👌

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SolaireOfAstor1 

Be aware Openreach don't work on individual broadband issues over the weekend so it may impact you early next week. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion