Discussion topic: Sky Blocking Access To My Website

This message was authored by SkyBlocked2024 This message was authored by: SkyBlocked2024

Sky Blocking Access To My Website

Hello,

I am facing a problem in which Sky customers are unable to access my website: (removed)

Many of my website users are able to access the site except all of those who cannot have reported being Sky customers. It seems Sky or Sky Shield has flagged the website for some reason. I believe this began happening on Friday.

The error message they are shown is: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR. The SSL certificate has been checked and it is all fine.

Steps I have taken are:

- Reviewing this forum. I have found one thread in which similar occured however there was no resolution from the original poster.

- Checked with hosting provider who advised no server issues, malware and SSL cert installed correctly.

- Found an email address sky email address to explain situation but have no idea if this is the right thing to do or the right email address.

I am not sure how to proceed and I am feeling very desperate to get this sorted. My website is service focused and currently there is a high percentage of users (Sky Customers) who cannot access their service. I would appreciate any advice/who I can contact/technical support from the community to help resolve this matter and allow my users and customers to access the website.

Many thanks

Moderator note: Removed third party link.

All Replies

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: Sky Blocking Access To My Website

@SkyBlocked2024 

Sky uses a third party to classify websites to get the website reclassified see this link https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-broadband-shield-sites-not-filtering-correctly which has an email address to send the information about the website and classification.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion