Discussion topic: EV charger /Low mbps- unable to connect

This message was authored by Paddy2407 This message was authored by: Paddy2407

EV charger /Low mbps- unable to connect

I have now added a booster, which remedied the connection issue immediately, but now have a very unreliable connection. I check broadband speed, tp link showing, before issuing the commands, but the pod has a problem forwarding the command to Monza, and goes into "pause" mode. I even tried to schedule between midnight and 5.00am. it went into pause mode again.

Tried the virtual assistant but kept going round in circles !! Any help would be much appreciated. I am not a techy person !!

All Replies

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

Re: EV charger /Low mbps- unable to connect

@Paddy2407 As you say that you are not a very techy person all of this can be very frustrating.

Explain a few requested details, which sky router do you have and roughly how far from the EV charger and through walls etc, the booster type you purchased, you set it up, moved it to a position closer to your charger and ie got a better WiFi signal. When you are near to the charger, on your phone does it show that you have a good wireless signal, and say if you open up an browser page does it look fairly good.

Are you and apple or android user, there are apps for the phone that can show your signal, both router and booster, i use netspot as android app, does not need to use wifi as can connect on mobile data but wifi connection is way faster. Post some info back and we are here to try to assist.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion