Discussion topic: Setting up a new account when an old one is in place

This message was authored by Info-request This message was authored by: Info-request

Setting up a new account when an old one is in place

Currently residing in a house with Sky TV and broadband in place. My ex partner is the account holder and I am not in contact with him/ he will not cancel the sky account and he has deviated on the last two months payment. At present the sky TV and broadband continue to work however I am wary that he will cancel this at any time, and/ or it will be turned off due to missed payments. Is it possible to take out a new sky TV/ broadband package at this address without him cancelling the current package or change the account into my name? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Setting up a new account when an old one is in place

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Info-request my symapthies it is horrible where an ex-partner is using things like this as a tool to bully. Unfortunately I think you are stuck Sky cannot due to data protection discuss the account with you and they dont allow a change in name of the account holder unless they have died. They also do not allow two Sky accounts at the same address. Even if you went to another isp for broadband Openreach would reject the order unless you paid to have a second line run.

I would seek advice if you dont have a solicitor your local Citizens Advice should be able to help however I think you will have to wait until the account is suspended when he doesn't pay then call Sky to set up services in your own name. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Info-request
Topic Author
This message was authored by Info-request This message was authored by: Info-request

Re: Setting up a new account when an old one is in place

Thank you for the advice. I will contact a solicitor/ citizen's advice if and when the time comes if there is nothing more I can do on my part. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion