Discussion topic: SR203 Router - Random Disconnects

This message was authored by johntheripp3r This message was authored by: johntheripp3r

SR203 Router - Random Disconnects

Since just before Christmas I've been having issues with my router dropping the internet connection at random.

No changes were made to my home setup when this started happening.

When it drops the connection the internet light goes amber & will take some time (or a reboot) to get back online again. I noticed it dropped offline just after midnight last night for instance.

Here are my stats, any help appriciated.

Screenshot 2024-01-31 220841.jpg

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: SR203 Router - Random Disconnects

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@johntheripp3r nothing obviously wrong from those stats the hub last restarted some 5 days back but the WAN connection last dropped 21 hours before. If you took those stats just before posting that makes the drop being around 2am the previous night. The connection resetting around then can be simply due to the cabinet DLM system optimising the connection or Sky doing an update so are routine. No isp can promiseca 24/7 connection.

If you start getting multiple line drops per day you will notice the speed dropping as the DLM system increases the noise margin to stabilise the line as the noise margin is 3.4dB your line is operating in the normal range. Openreach normally only accept a fault where the line speed is close to the Guarantee speeds or line drops approach 10 per 24 hours until then thecautomatic system is leftvtondo its thing.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion