Discussion topic: Sky Ultrafast Installation left incomplete

This message was authored by daniel+german This message was authored by: daniel+german

Sky Ultrafast Installation left incomplete

Hello, I've recently upgraded my broadband to the sky ultrafast package, the engineer came to install it last week but couldn't finish the installation due to being unable to complete the process outside of the house as he wasn't properly equipped to complete it. He spoke to me about the issue and said he would phone someone else to come out and rectify the problem, this presumably was to happen either on the day or within the next few, nothing has been done in almost a week and I haven't received any contact from sky (which I was told I would) so I'm curious if I can get some assistance perhaps and complete my installation.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Sky Ultrafast Installation left incomplete

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@daniel+german 

Give Sky a call and see what update they've had from Openreach. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Deannes This message was authored by: Deannes

Hi - I've had the same issue. Very frustrating.it has been over a week since I last heard from sky and they are impossible to get in contact with. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Deannes wrote:
they are impossible to get in contact with. 

@Deannes 

What's happening when you call? 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Deannes This message was authored by: Deannes

Takes about an hour to get through to a human so I usually give up after 20 minutes as life gets in the way and the bots are brutal. AI won't be taking over the world just yet it seems 

@Deannes 
You'll find that similar to calling other large companies the start will be automated which may also try to send you to this forum. Stay on the line as long as possible and don’t hang up. Try calling at what are considered as quieter times, first thing in the morning or mid evening. 

Sky customer since 2001

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion