Discussion topic: Pair new Sky Hub with existing Wifi Extender

This message was authored by Tractor+Shark This message was authored by: Tractor+Shark

Pair new Sky Hub with existing Wifi Extender

Hi all

Can you help please??

My broadband speeds dropped by half the other day. I gave it a day or so to check it wasn't a wider Sky issue and then contacted the Sky Helpline.

They deduced the router is a bit old and probably needs changing. They have now sent out a new router which should arrive tomorrow.

The speeds are now back up but not quite to the levels they were previously and the Sky advisor suggested I change the router regardless as the new one will work better, even though it appears to be the same Sky Q Hub.

My question is I have an existing white Sky Wifi Extender to boost the signal. Will I have to pair this with the new hub or will it just connect itself.

Any instructions or advice would be gratefully received. Not sure how easy it is to reconnect it but we do need it as we have some wifi blackspots in the house.

Apparently we are being sent the Sky Q Hub 3.0. Not sure if that is the same as the black Sky hub I currently have.

Thank you in advance.

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Pair new Sky Hub with existing Wifi Extender

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tractor+Shark 

You'll have to re-pair it using the WPS button

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion